Hanna-Barbera Superstars 10
|Hanna-Barbera Superstars 10|
|Presented by||The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera|
|Music by||Sven Libaek|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Executive producer(s)||William Hanna
|Running time||90-95 minutes|
|Original release||September 5, 1987– September 17, 1988|
Hanna-Barbera Superstars 10 is a series of 10 syndicated made-for-television animated films produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions as part of The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera programming block from 1987 to 1988, featuring the studio's popular animated characters: Yogi Bear, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Scooby-Doo, Huckleberry Hound and Top Cat.
List of movies
|Original air date||Title|
|September 5, 1987||Yogi's Great Escape|
|September 12, 1987||The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones|
|September 19, 1987||Scooby-Doo Meets the Boo Brothers|
|September 26, 1987||Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose|
|January 9, 1988||Top Cat and the Beverly Hills Cats|
|January 16, 1988||Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School|
|January 23, 1988||Rockin' with Judy Jetson|
|January 30, 1988||The Good, the Bad, and Huckleberry Hound|
|September 10, 1988||Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears|
|September 14, 1988||Scooby-Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf|
- Directors: Arthur Davis, Oscar Dufau, Bob Goe, John Kimball, Don Lusk, Charles A. Nichols, Ray Patterson, Jay Sabry, Paul Sommer, Carl Urbano, Rudy Zamora
- Executive Producers: William Hanna and Joseph Barbera
- Executive in Charge of Production: Jayne Barbera
- Creative Designer: Iwao Takamoto
- Show Editor: Gil Iverson
- Supervising Director: Ray Patterson
- Character Designer: Scott Jeralds
- Casting Director: Andrea Romano
- Recording Director: Gordon Hunt
- Graphics Iraj Paran, Tom Wogatzke
- Music Composed and Conducted by: Sven Libaek
- Director of Music Supervision: Joanne Miller
Home media releases
All of the films except Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears were released on VHS shortly after their original broadcasts by Worldvision Home Video, Invasion of the Space Bears finally saw a VHS release in 1991. To date, the Yogi Bear and Scooby-Doo television movies in the series have been released on DVD from Warner Home Video. On December 7, 2010, Warner Bros. released Yogi's Great Escape on DVD via their Warner Archive Collection. This is a Manufacture-on-Demand (MOD) release, available exclusively through Warner's online store and only in the US. Warner Home Video also released Scooby-Doo Meets the Boo Brothers on DVD, in Region 1 on May 6, 2003. and Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School on DVD, in Region 1 on June 4, 2002.
The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones has been released on VHS three times, first by Worldvision Home Video (now part of CBS Home Entertainment) in 1988, then by Kid Klassics, the children's video arm of GoodTimes Entertainment (using the same cassette as the previous release) in 1989, and later by Warner Home Video on July 3, 2001. The film was finally released on DVD for the first time ever on June 14, 2011. On July 28, 1988 , Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose was released on VHS videocassette in the United States. However, as of 2009, the videocassette was out of print.
On December 7, 2010, Warner Home Video released Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of Spruce Goose on DVD via their Warner Archive Collection, a Manufacture-on-Demand (MOD) label, available exclusively through Warner's online store and only in the US. As of August 2011, all of the Hanna-Barbera Superstars 10 are available on DVD through Warner Archive. While all ten movies have appeared on Boomerang, a cable channel primarily dedicated to classic Hanna-Barbera material, all the films in the series appear in regular rotation on Boomerang, as part of Boomerang Theatre.
As of 2014, all 10 movies have been made available on DVD, apart from the Scooby-Doo movies, all the others are available on demand through Warner Archive Collection logo, direct from Warner Bros. or Amazon.com.
- The ABC Saturday Superstar Movie
- The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera
- List of works produced by Hanna-Barbera
- "A Comeback by the Hanna-Barbera Bunch". Newsday. Aug 21, 1987. p. 07.
- Classic HB fan. "Yogi's Great Escape (1987) | WBshop.com | WBshop.com | Warner Bros". WBshop.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- Scooby-Doo Meets the Boo Brothers. "Scooby-Doo Meets the Boo Brothers". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School. "Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones [VHS]. "The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones [VHS]: Henry Corden, George O'Hanlon, Jean Vander Pyl, Penny Singleton, Janet Waldo, Mel Blanc, Daws Butler, Hamilton Camp, Frank Welker, John Stephenson, Don Messick, Julie McWhirter, Jon 'Bowzer' Bauman, Brenda Vaccaro, Don Lusk: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones [VHS]. "The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones [VHS]: George O'Hanlon, Henry Corden, Penny Singleton, Jean Vander Pyl, Jon 'Bowzer' Bauman, Mel Blanc, Daws Butler, Hamilton Camp, Julie McWhirter, Don Messick, John Stephenson, Brenda Vaccaro, Don Lusk, Ray Patterson, Bernard Wolf, Bob Hathcock, Joseph Barbera, William Hanna, Arthur Alsberg, Don Nelson: Movies & TV". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "Amazon.com". Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose VHS release at Amazon.com.
- Nicole (2011-01-09). "Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose | WBshop.com | WBshop.com | Warner Bros". WBshop.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.
- "The Official Online Store of Warner Bros. Studios". WBshop.com. Retrieved 2012-07-06.