|Member of Parliament of Ukraine
Advisor to the President of Ukraine
12 December 2012
|Born||Hanna Mykolaivna Stetsiv
24 April 1959
Mykolaiv Raion, Lviv Oblast, Ukrainian SSR
|Political party||Party of Regions|
|Spouse(s)||Serhiy Mykhailovych Herman|
|Alma mater||Lviv University|
|Occupation||politician, journalist, spokeswoman|
|Committees||parliamentary: on Human Rights, National Minorities and Interethnic Relations (2012-present)
on Freedom of Speech and Information (2006–2010)
on Foreign Affairs (2007)
Hanna Mykolaivna Herman (Ukrainian: Га́нна Микола́ївна Ге́рман) (born 24 April 1959; Lviv region, is a Ukrainian politician, former Member of Parliament of Ukraine, and advisor to former President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych. She was the Head of the Ukrainian parliamentary interfactional union of MPs "In the Support of Freedom of Conscience", which was created for promoting the freedom of conscience, protecting the rights of people of different faiths and beliefs, including the representatives of all churches and religious organizations of Ukraine.
Hanna Herman was born in a village of Kolodruby in Lviv Oblast to Mykola Petrovych Stetsiv (1932–1971, worker) and Kateryna Hryhorivna Hanuschak (1936 - 2013, cultural activist). In 1982 Hanna Herman graduated from the Journalism faculty of Lviv University as a journalist.
From 1981 to 1984 she worked at the Mykolaiv Raion newspaper "Leninska Zorya" (Lenin's Dawn) as a teletypist, reporter, head of department. After that Hanna Herman worked at the Lviv newspaper "Leninska Molod" (Lenin's Youth) until 1990. During that period she was a member of the Union of journalists of USSR.
From 1991 to 2002 Hanna Herman worked at the Lviv city newspaper "Ratusha" (Rathaus) as a reporter, while being an independent correspondent of Radio Liberty. From 2002 to 2004 she was head of the Kyiv bureau of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty.
Since 6 May 2004 H.Herman was the spokeswoman for Viktor Yanukovych who at that time held position of the Prime Minister of Ukraine. She was also the chief of press service of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
In January 2005 – May 2006 H.Herman was advisor to the Party of Regions leader Viktor Yanukovych. From May 2006 to November 2007 Hanna Herman was the People's Deputy of Ukraine of V convocation, first deputy head of the parliamentary committee on freedom of speech and information (07.2006–01.2007), member of the parliamentary committee on foreign affairs (01.2007–11.2007). >
In August 2006 – December 2007 H.Herman was advisor to the Prime Minister of Ukraine. From November 2007 to February 2010 Hanna Herman was the People's Deputy of Ukraine of VI convocation, Head of the parliamentary committee on freedom of speech and information (12.2007–02.2010).
On 25 February 2010 Herman was appointed deputy head of the Presidential Administration. In April 2011 – November 2012 she served as advisor to the President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych, Head of the Main Office for Humanitarian and Social-Political Affairs, President’s Administration.
On 28 October 2012 at the parliamentary elections H.Herman was elected member of Ukraine's parliament.
In 2010 the Ukrainian magazine Focus named Hanna Herman as the second most influential woman in Ukraine after Yulia Tymoshenko. Hanna Herman has been ranked among the top 10 most influential women since the introduction of the rating in 2006.
On 23 November 2012 President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych dismissed Herman from the post of his adviser and head of the presidential administration's department for humanitarian, social and political issues so she could to take in the seat in the Ukrainian Parliament she had won in the October 2012 Ukrainian parliamentary election where she was placed 13th on the election list of the Party of Regions.
President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych has appointed MP Hanna Herman, who previously worked in the presidential administration, as his independent advisor. Yanukovych signed the relevant decree No.13 on 9 January 2013 according to the president's Web site.
In 16 January 2014 voted for the laws that conflict with Constitution of Ukraine, Convention about the protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms, obligations and duties of Ukraine as a member of the UNO, CE and OSCE.(Ukrainian)
- "Piramidy nevydymi" (Ukrainian: Піраміди Невидимі) (2003)
- "Chervona Atlantyda" (Ukrainian: Червона Атлантида) (2011)
- Award for International Understanding.
- St. (Great Martyr) Barbara Orthodox Church Award (2012).
- Award for contributions to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (2013).
- Herman: ‘I am a dissident in this administration’, Kyiv Post (5 September 2011)
- Herman appointed Ukrainian president's non-staff advisor
- Interfactional deputies union In Support of Freedom of Conscience met with the heads of denominations represented in the All-Ukrainian Council of Churches and Religious Organizations
- Kyiv Post
- 100 самых влиятельных женщин Украины. Рейтинг Фокуса
- Herman: New government to be formed next week, Kyiv Post (12 December 2012)
- Results of roll-call for the project of Law on making alteration in Law of Ukraine "On the judicial system and status of judges" and judicial laws in relation to the additional measures of defence of safety of citizens(№3879) - for basis and on the whole
- (Ukrainian) Alphabetical Index of candidates in 2014 Ukrainian parliamentary election, Central Election Commission of Ukraine.
- Ukrainian Orthodox Church has awarded Hanna Herman
- His Beatitude Metropolitan Volodymyr of Kyiv and All Ukraine has awarded Hanna Herman with a High Award for contributions to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church
- Hanna Herman's channel on YouTube
- Hanna Herman’s Blog (Korrespondent web-site)
- (Russian) Herman profile at lenta.ru
- (Russian) Herman profile at file.liga.net
- (Russian) Анна Герман изобрела свою модель демократии
- (Ukrainian) Quotes from news.finance.ua
- (Ukrainian) Interview by Milan Lyelich for Glavred
- Anna Herman: «Building democracy is not easy»