Hanna Township, Henry County, Illinois
Location in Henry County
Henry County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||19.92 sq mi (51.6 km2)|
|• Land||19.18 sq mi (49.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.74 sq mi (1.9 km2) 3.71%|
|Elevation||682 ft (208 m)|
|• Density||122.2/sq mi (47.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61241, 61254|
|GNIS feature ID||0429104|
Hanna Township was named for Rev. Philip Hanna, a pioneer settler.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 19.92 square miles (51.6 km2), of which 19.18 square miles (49.7 km2) (or 96.29%) is land and 0.74 square miles (1.9 km2) (or 3.71%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Cleveland (partial)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Zuma Township, Rock Island County (north)
- Canoe Creek Township, Rock Island County (northeast)
- Geneseo Township (east)
- Phenix Township (east)
- Edford Township (south)
- Colona Township (southwest)
- Hampton Township, Rock Island County (west)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Colbert and Hanna.
- Hennepin Canal Parkway State Park (west edge)
- Geneseo Community Unit School District 228
- Illinois's 14th congressional district
- State House District 71
- State Senate District 36
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Hanna Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-17.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Gannett, Henry (1905). The Origin of Certain Place Names in the United States. Govt. Print. Off. p. 149.
||Zuma Township, Rock Island County||Canoe Creek Township, Rock Island County|
|Hampton Township, Rock Island County||Geneseo Township
|Colona Township||Edford Township|