This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hannah Allam at United States House Committee on Homeland Security in 2016
Hannah Allam (born 1977) is an American journalist and reporter for BuzzFeed News who is based in Washington, DC. Allam was the Middle East Bureau Chief (Baghdad) for McClatchy Newspapers.  Early in her career, Allam interned for the Washington Post. She then became a staff reporter for the St. Paul Pioneer Press, from which McClatchy recruited her in 2003 to assist them with, and later to lead, their in-depth coverage of the Iraq War. She is fluent in English, French, and Arabic. She was reared in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, but she returned to the USA to complete high school in Oklahoma, then she majored in journalism and was editor of the student newspaper at the University of Oklahoma.
- 1999, 1998-1999 University of Oklahoma, Division of Student Affairs, CSPA Gold Circle Awards: Personality Profile, first place
- 2004, National Association of Black Journalists, 2004 Journalist of the Year Award.
- 2006, Overseas Press Club (with two of her Baghdad Bureau colleagues), Hal Boyle Award for best newspaper reporting from abroad for "Iraq: America's Failing War."
- 2008-2009, Nieman Fellow at Harvard University
- 2009, 30th annual McGill Lecture at the University of Georgia
- Hannah Allam page, Palestine: Information with Provenance (PIWP database)
- C-Span video library with Hannah Allam, covers 2005, 2013
- Hannah Allam's Online Photo Journal
- Articles from Baghdad by Hannah Allam
- "working list of female interruptors" (of "the Men-Talk-War fest")..."for a wider, fuller conversation on Iraq"
- Allam, Hannah (21 November 2004). "Oklahoma reporter strives for truth, safety in Iraq". NewsOK. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Journalist page for Hannah Allam for McClatchy Newspapers
- "Correspondent for Iraq War to give 30th McGill Lecture". UGA today. University of Georgia. 8 June 2009. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- Nieman Reports, Winter 2009 | Online Exclusives, Access September 6, 2014
- Journalist Ernie Suggs recalls Hannah Allam as 2009 Nieman Fellow at Harvard
- 1998-99 AWARDS, OU Student Media, University of Oklahoma
- 'NOW with Bill Moyers' for 10.01.04, Interview with Hannah Allam, McClatchy Bureau Chief for Baghdad, PBS
- List of NABJ Past Award winners
|This article about a United States journalist born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|