In 2009, Beech was awarded for Excellence in Reporting Breaking News, Honourable Mention, in the Society of Publishers in Asia Awards for Editorial Excellence (SOPA Awards), for her reporting on Cyclone Nargis in Burma. She also received a 2007 Honourable Mention for Best Opinion Writing.
Beech graduated in 1995 from Colby College. She did undergraduate internships at U.S. News & World Report and Asian media outlets. She was the 1994 recipient of the Harry S. Truman Scholarship for Maryland.
Beech is married to journalist and author Brook Larmer, and they have a son.
- Beech, Hannah (April 20, 2015). With reporting by Truong Uyen Ly. "Vietnam looks forward". World. Time (South Pacific ed.). 185 (14): 28–35.
- Hannah Beech articles
- Michael Elliot (June 19, 2008). "Serious Fun". Time (magazine). Retrieved February 16, 2010.("Hannah Beech, our Southeast Asia bureau chief, spent part of her childhood in the suburbs of Washington, D.C...)"
- 2009 Award Winners, SOPA Awards, Retrieved February 16, 2010
- 2007 Award Winners, SOPA Awards, Retrieved February 16, 2010
- What can you do with a Colby degree?, Colby College, Retrieved February 16, 2010
- Hannah K. Beech, Meet Our Scholars, The Harry S. Truman Scholarship Foundation, Retrieved February 16, 2010
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|