Hannah Collins (born 1956) is a British contemporary artist and filmmaker. Collins's works treat the collective experiences of memory, history and the everyday in the modern world. She is known for her photographic installations, but has also made films with gypsies in Spain and in a village in rural Russia.
Collins studied at Slade School of Fine Arts in London (1974–78) and in USA with the Fulbright Scholarship (1978–79). Besides her activity as a plastic artist, she teaches in schools such as the University of Davis, California and the Royal College of Art, London. She was visiting professor at Le Fresnoy, Studio national des Arts Contemporains, Roubaix, in 2007–08.
She has had many international exhibitions and her work is in numerous public and private collections including Tate Modern, Centre Georges Pompidou, MACBA Barcelona, Reina Sofia Madrid, Dallas Museum of Art, the Luxembourg Museum and the Gering Et Lopez gallery in New York. Most recently, (November 2010), she has exhibited at La Galería Javier López – Mário Sequeira, Madrid.
Nominated for the Turner Prize in 1993, Collins received the European Photography Award (1991) and the Olympus Award (2004).
Hannah Collins lives and works between London and Barcelona.
- La Cantante – Produced by Basilisk Communications, London
- La Mina – Produced by Hannah Collins and Mercury Films
- Buscando la Vida – Produced by Hannah Collins
- Beshencevo – A Current History – Produced by Hannah Collins, Biennale de Sevilla, Caixa Forum, Film London
- Parallel – Produced by Basilisk Communications, London
- La Mina 2001–2007 – Produced by Seacex, Spain
- Solitude and Company – Produced by Hannah Collins and Le Fresnoy, Studio National, France.
- The Fragile Feast. Routes to Ferran Adria, Ed. Hatje Cantz, Barcelona, 2011.
- Hannah Collins, Historia en curso. Películas y fotografías, La Caixa Foundation, Barcelona, 2008
- Parallel, ACTAR, Barcelona 2008. ISBN 978-84-96954-38-0
- Finding, Transmitting, Receiving, Hannah Collins, Black Dog Publishing, 2007. ISBN 978-1-904772-79-8
- Shopping, ed. Echo Books, Barcelona, 1996.
- A Worldwide Case of Homesickness, ed. Irish Museum of Modern Art, Dublin, 1996.
- The Hunter's Space, ed. Chisenhale Gallery, London; Cornerhouse, Manchester, 1995.
- Legends, ed. Matt's Gallery, Institute of Contemporary Arts, London; Orchard Gallery Derry, 1988.
- Hair Shawl, Hannah Collins, produced and published in 1997 by Les Maîtres de Forme Contemporains (mfc-michèle didier). Edition of 8 copies and 4 artist’s proofs.