This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
New in 2013
Hannah New is an English actress and model. She is known for her starring role on the television show Black Sails in which she plays Eleanor Guthrie, the owner of a saloon in Nassau and for her role as Rosalinda Fox in The Time in Between.
New was born in Balham, London, and is the youngest of three sisters. At the age of four, she attended a ballet school. She later joined the National Youth Theatre. Her interest in other cultures led her to visit over 20 countries including spending 3 months in a children's home in Bolivia in 2003. After traveling around the world, she studied English and Spanish at the University of Leeds.
New moved to Spain, where she further studied the language and the Meisner technique. To financially support her studies, she decided to model and was scouted by View Management in Madrid and Barcelona, where they offered her print and commercial work. She studied at the Royal Central School of Speech & Drama, and obtained a Masters in acting with Honors in 2011. She can speak fluent Spanish.
New’s career was launched by American talent manager Stacey Castro, who discovered her in Barcelona, Spain in 2009, during a search for UK casting director Susie Figgis to find the role of "Lucrezia Borgia" for the television series The Borgias. In 2010, she was offered a role in television show The Time in Between, the adaptation of the same-titled María Dueñas novel. She played Rosalinda Fox, a young English woman who is the lover of Juan Luis Beigbeder and friend of Sira Quiroga. In 2011, she landed a lead role in "Shelter", an unaired television pilot. New was managed by Castro until 2012, the year she joined the cast of the Starz TV show Black Sails. She plays Eleanor Guthrie, the daughter of Richard Guthrie, a saloon owner who runs her father's illegal businesses in Nassau. The 8-episode first season premièred on 25 January 2014, and in 2014 she was filming the second season in South Africa.
In 2014, New got a main role in the true-based thriller Under the Bed, in which a young woman tries to get over a recent romantic breakup while a stalker befriends her on social media and takes up residence underneath her bed. The film will be released in 2017.
|Super Mario||Louise||Short film|
|Fuga de cerebros 2||Nancy|
|2012||Shelter||Kathryn Gilchrist||TV film|
|2014||Maleficent||Queen Leila, Aurora's mother|
|2016||Under the Bed||Callie Monroe|
|2010||La Riera||Julie||1 episode|
|El club del chiste||Caitlin||1 episode|
|2012||El barco||Úrsula||1 episode|
|2013−2014||The Time in Between||Rosalinda Fox||Main cast|
|2014−2017||Black Sails||Eleanor Guthrie||Main cast|
|2017||The Strain||Louisa||Recurring cast|
- "Interview on The Late Late Show on CBS".
- "IMDB bio". Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- ""El tiempo entre costuras" interview" (PDF). Vanity Fair Magazine ES. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "Hannah New ('El tiempo entre costuras'): "Adriana Ugarte se ha convertido en casi mi hermana"". FormulaTV. 28 October 2013.
- "Hottest Woman 1/24/15 – HANNAH NEW (Black Sails)! - King of The Flat Screen". Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "Series de Televisión, videos online, Capítulos, Vis a Vis, La embajada". Retrieved 19 February 2017.
- "Maleficent Details and Credits". Metacritic. Retrieved 6 February 2014.
- "'Black Sails' Actress to Star in Thriller 'Under the Bed'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- "Under the Bed". IMDb. Retrieved 14 May 2015.
- Hannah New on IMDb
|This article about an English film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|