Hannah Smith (supercentenarian)
7 January 1856|
|Died||10 January 1966
(aged 110 years, 3 days)
|Occupation||Dressmaking lecturer (former)|
Smith collapsed on her 110th birthday, and died three days later at Woodhouse, Sheffield. Smith smoked until five years before her death. Smith lived much of her life in Chesterfield and was a former dressmaking lecturer.
She was one of the first British supercentenarians. Her death left British man John Mosely Turner as the world's oldest person.
- Validated supercentenarians who lived and/or died in the UK The Gerontology Research Group
- "Woman aged 110 dies". The Times. 1966-01-11. p. 8.
- "Taken ill on 110th birthday". The Guardian. 1966-01-08. p. 14.
- "Miss Hannah is 110 today". The Guardian. 1966-01-07. p. 4.
- "News in Brief". The Times. 1963-01-07. p. 5.
|This English biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|