|• Revised Romanization||Hannam-dong|
|• Total||2.98 km2 (1.15 sq mi)|
|• Density||7,700/km2 (20,000/sq mi)|
Initially not included within the Yongsan ward, during Korea under Japanese rule's period it was a small hamlet called Han River Village (한강리/漢江里) within the Hanji township (한지면/漢芝面), Goyang County (고양군/高陽郡) and lying close to the Han River.
Being right across the river from the Gangnam area of Seoul and its close proximity to locations in northern Seoul places it literally in the heart of Seoul itself. Many celebrities and executives live in three well known residential areas in the neighborhood: UN Village, The Hill, and Richensia Apartments. The surrounding area, while well known, has always been free of the crowding common in other parts of Seoul. Beginning in the 2010s, the area has grown into a trendy hotspot both day and night with boutique cafes, restaurants and bars proliferating the area. 
The area also has a large concentration of foreign residents, mainly business executives and diplomats.
- Seoul Hannam Elementary School
- "한남동 (Hannam-dong 漢南洞)" (in Korean). Doosan Encyclopedia. Retrieved 2008-04-21.
- "The origin of dongs" (in Korean). Yongsan-gu official site. Retrieved 2008-04-21.
- Han, Jane (21 November 2008). "Hannam-dong Is Mini Global Village in Central Seoul". Korea Times. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Astudillo, Tey-Marie (27 October 2011). "Seoul's best museums: These six museums beat out 100 others for the most haunting glimpses into Korea's past". CNN Travel. Retrieved 2011-11-04.
- "Kontakt." German School Seoul International. Retrieved on May 22, 2014. "Adresse Deutsche Schule Seoul International 123-6 Doksodang-Ro, Yongsan-Gu 140-210 Seoul"
- "Korea's Little France, Seorae Village" (Archive). Arirang (Korea International Broadcasting Foundation). June 23, 2009. Retrieved on May 22, 2014.
- Yongsan-gu official website
- (Korean) Yongsan-gu official website
- (Korean) Hannam 1-dong resident office website
|This Seoul location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|