She is the daughter of authors Knud Holst Andersen and Kirsten Johanne Høybye. She was married in 1984. Today, she acts as a Goodwill Ambassador to the UNFPA and is a personal appointed member of the Danish UNESCO National Commission.
Her books are mainly about modern women facing both new options and old problems, and have been translated to several languages, including German, Dutch, and Swedish.
None of Hanne-Vibeke Holst's books have been translated to English. The English language titles below are thus not official, and subject to change if and when her books are translated to English.
- Knud, den store (Knud, the Great). About her father, the author Knud Holst. (2013)
- Dronningeofret (The Queen Sacrifice) (2008)
- Kongemordet (The Regicide) (2005)
- Kronprinsessen (The Crown Princess) (2002)
- Min mosters migræne - eller Hvordan jeg blev kvinde (My Aunt's Migraine - or How I became a woman) (1999)
- En lykkelig kvinde (A joyful woman) (1998)
- Det virkelige liv (The Real Life) (1994)
- Thereses tilstand (The condition of Therese) (1992)
- Hjertets renhed (The purity of the heart) (1990)
- Chicken (1987)
- Nattens kys (Kisses of the night) (1986)
- Til sommer (This Summer) (1985)
- Mor er løbet hjemmefra (Mother ran away from home) (1986)
- Ud af røret, Maja! (Get going, Maja!) (1981)
- Hejsa, Majsa! (Hello, Majsa!) (1980
|This article about a Danish writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|