28 November 1969 |
|Notable awards||Dobloug Prize (2002)
Brage Prize (2004)
Aschehoug Prize (2007)
Hanne Ørstavik (born 28 November 1969) is a Norwegian writer. She was born in Tana in Finnmark province in the far north of Norway, and moved to Oslo at the age of 16. Her parents are Wenche Ørstavik and Gunnar Ørstavik. She has two brothers, Paul Ørstavik and Sakse Ørstavik. She has one daughter, Mari Ørstavik. She has two nieces, Maisie and Helena, and two nephews, Murphy and Thomas. With the publication of the novel Hakk (Cut) in 1994, Ørstavik embarked on a career that would make her one of the most remarkable and admired authors in Norwegian contemporary literature . Her literary breakthrough came three years later with the publication of Kjærlighet (Love), which in 2006 was voted the 6th best Norwegian book of the last 25 years in a prestigious contest in Dagbladet. Since then she has written several acclaimed and much discussed novels and received a host of literary prizes.
Ørstavik’s books have been translated into 15 languages. In June 2014, Periene Press published the first ever English translation of one of her novels - The Blue Room - as part of their coming of age series.
- 1994: Hakk (novel)
- 1995: Entropi (novel)
- 1997: Kjærlighet (novel)
- 1999: Like sant som jeg er virkelig (novel)
- 2000: Tiden det tar (novel)
- 2002: Uke 43 (novel)
- 2004: Presten (novel)
- 2006: Kallet - romanen (novel)
- 2007: I morgen skal det være åpent for alle (text)
- 2008: Der alt er klart (text and images, in collaboration with the French artist Pierre Duba)
- 2009: 48 rue Defacqz (novel)
- 2011: Hyenene (novel)
- 2013: Det finnes en stor åpen plass i Bordeaux (novel)
- 2014: På terrassen i mørket (novel)
- no:Tanums kvinnestipend 1998
- NRK P2 Listener's Prize 1999, for Like sant som jeg er virkelig
- Sult Prize 1999
- no:Havmannprisen 2000, for Tiden det tar
- Oktober Prize 2000
- Dobloug Prize 2002
- Amalie Skram Prize 2002
- Klassekampen's Literary Award 2004, for Presten
- Brage Prize 2004, for Presten
- Aschehoug Prize 2007
- Godal, Anne Marit (ed.). "Hanne Ørstavik". Store norske leksikon (in Norwegian). Oslo: Norsk nettleksikon. Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Brage – Den norske Bokprisen. Nominerte bøker 2004". brageprisen.no (in Norwegian). Retrieved 4 November 2016.
- "Peirene title no. 14: The Blue Room". peirenepress.com. Retrieved 1 April 2017.