Hanne Gaby Odiele
|Hanne Gaby Odiele|
Hanne Gaby Odiele backstage at Marc Jacobs
8 October 1987 |
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Manager||Ford Models, New York
Supreme, New York
Storm Model Agency, London
Women Management Milan and Paris
Hanne Gaby Odiele (born 8 October 1987) is a Belgian model.
Early life and discovery
Odiele started her career in 2005, when she signed with Supreme Management in New York City. By September of that year, she made her debut on the runways, walking for Marc by Marc Jacobs, Rodarte, Ruffian, and Thakoon in New York. In 2006 she appeared in editorials for Vogue and became the face of Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti.
In December 2006, she was hit by a car that sped past a red light. She broke her legs and had multiple surgeries. After several months of intense physical therapy, she was back on the runway in spring and fall 2008 shows, walking for Chanel, Givenchy, and Prada, among others.
Odiele has been in magazines like Vogue Italia, Marie Claire, Teen Vogue, and Elle. She has also appeared on the cover of Vogue and French Revue de Modes She has booked some of the industry's most lucrative campaigns like Mulberry, Balenciaga, Vera Wang, and DKNY Jeans.
Hanne is next to modelling also known for her streetstyle, and is one of Tommy Ton's favorite streetstyle subjects.
- Hanne Gaby Odiele at the Fashion Model Directory
- "Hanne Gaby Odiele homepage". Supermodels.
- Kessler, Greg (20 February 2009). "Model-morphosis: Hanne Gaby Odile". The New York Times.
- Nelson, Karin (19 April 2009). "That Crazy Village Girl. Hanne Gaby Odiele, model". The New York Times.
- Kelsey, Colleen (10 July 2013). "Who's That Girl: Hanne Gaby Odiele". Interview.
- Lim, James (3 September 2014). "Model Hanne Gaby Odiele Explains the Secret Behind Her Trademark Cool Street Style". Vogue.
- Lakner, Max (10 April 2015). "Hanne Gaby Odiele Wants You to Destroy Her New Line of Shoes". Vanity Fair.
- Romeyn, Kathryn (11 September 2015). "This Is Where Model Hanne Gaby Odiele Eats In New York". Hollywood Reporter.