|Born||20 June 1910|
|Died||27 December 1944 (aged 34)|
|Years active||1936 - 1943 (film)|
As well as appearing in dramas and light comedies, Stelzer also featured in more propagandistic works, including leading roles in the war films Stukas and The Crew of the Dora (1943), his final film.
Stelzer married Johanna Weyand in 1935 and, after they divorced, the German actress Maria Bard in 1940, whom he remained married to until her death in 1944.
- The Dreamer (1936)
- Truxa (1937)
- Travelling People (1938)
- A Hopeless Case (1939)
- Stukas (1941)
- Venus on Trial (1941)
- Above All Else in the World (1941)
- The Crew of the Dora (1943)
- Kreimeier p.312
- Giesen p.260
- Kreimeier, Klaus: The Ufa Story: A History of Germany's Greatest Film Company, 1918–1945. Oakland, CA: University of California Press, 1999.
- Giesen, Rolf: Nazi propaganda films: a history and filmography. Jefferson, NC: McFarland & Company, 2003.
- Gillespie, William: Karl Ritter. His Life and 'Zeitfilms' under National Socialism. 2nd exp. edition. Potts Points, NSW: German Films Dot Net 2014. (Chapter: 6. Ritter, Hannes Stelzer and a Hero's Death).
|This article about an Austrian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|