|Motto||Scientia ad serviendum ("Knowledge for Service")|
|President||Dr. Anthony W. Allen|
|Address||2800 Palmyra Road
Hannibal, Missouri 63401
|Colors||Scarlet and navy blue|
Hannibal–LaGrange University (HLGU), formerly known as Hannibal–LaGrange College, is a private four-year Christian liberal arts college located in Hannibal, Missouri, United States. It is affiliated with the Missouri Baptist Convention, which is part of the Southern Baptist Convention. Enrollment was approximately 1,150 students as of 2007. It is fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The college offers more than 30 majors.
Hannibal–LaGrange University was created as the result of the 1928 merger of LaGrange College (founded in 1858 as the LaGrange Male and Female Seminary) in LaGrange, Missouri and Hannibal College in Hannibal. On May 4, 2012, the trustees at Hannibal–LaGrange University elected Dr. Anthony W. Allen as the 17th president of the university. Living former presidents include Dr. Woodrow Burt (16th president), Dr. Paul Brown (15th president), and Dr. Larry Lewis (14th president), a graduate of Luther Rice Seminary, who left HLGU to be the president of the Southern Baptist Convention's Home Mission Board (now the North American Mission Board), one of the largest mission agencies in the world.
Hannibal–LaGrange teams are known as the Trojans. The university competes in the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) as a member of the American Midwest Conference. Men's sports include baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, track & field, and wrestling, while women's sports include basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, track & field and volleyball.
Undergraduate: Hannibal–LaGrange University offers undergraduate majors in many areas, including Accounting, Art, Bible, Biology, Business Administration, Communication Arts, Computer Information Systems, Criminal Justice, Education (Early Childhood, Elementary and Secondary), English, History, Human Services, Mathematics, Music, Nursing, Psychology, Recreation Management, Prechemistry, Prepharmacy, Sociology, Theatre, and Liberal Studies.
Online: Many online classes are offered each semester for both on-campus and online-only students. As of the 2009-10 school year, undergraduate degrees in Nursing and Early Childhood Special Education were available through all-online coursework.
ADVANCE Degree Completion: HLGU's ADVANCE Degree Completion program is designed for working adults with an associate degree who want to complete their bachelor's degree in as little as 18 months. Several degree programs and locations are available.
- Philip Haming, Sales Engineer, HAAS Factory Outlet
- Clarence Cannon, Democratic Congress member
- Nathan A. Carroz, Prosecuting Attorney, Montgomery County, Missouri
- Homer Martien Cook, president of Northwest Missouri State University
- Cotton Fitzsimmons, NBA and college basketball coach
- J. P. Greene, president of William Jewell College
- Heather Hazelwood, actress in the Bibleman video series
- Asa Hodges, U.S. Representative
- Andrew Lawson, Prosecuting Attorney, New Madrid County, Missouri
- Lindell Shumake, member of the Missouri House of Representatives
- Ashleigh Spencer, Australian basketball player who currently plays for the Bendigo Spirit in the Women's National Basketball League
- About HLG. Accessed 6 March 2007.
- Hannibal LaGrange Charter (On file) http://www.lagrangemo.com/cityoflagrangemo/LAHIST.HTM
- "Circular of Information of the Bureau of Education, for ...". U.S. Government Printing Office. 1 January 1898. Retrieved 28 August 2016 – via Google Books.
- "HLG employee plays 'Biblegirl' in children's video series". 19 October 2005. Retrieved 28 August 2016.