Hannibal Regional Airport
|Hannibal Regional Airport
William P. Lear Field
|Owner||City of Hannibal|
|Elevation AMSL||769 ft / 234 m|
Hannibal Regional Airport (ICAO: KHAE, FAA LID: HAE) is a public use airport in Marion County, Missouri, United States. It is located four nautical miles (7 km) northwest of the central business district of Hannibal, Missouri, and is owned by the City of Hannibal. The airport is used for general aviation with no commercial airlines.
Facilities and aircraft
Hannibal Regional Airport covers an area of 400 acres (160 ha) at an elevation of 769 feet (234 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 17/35 with a concrete surface measuring 4,400 by 100 feet (1,341 x 30 m) with a concrete surface. Runway 17/35 has Runway End Identifier Lights (REIL) and Precision Approach Path Indicator (PAPI) lights on each runway end.
The airport originally had an asphalt runway that was 3,600 feet (1,100 m) x 75 feet (23 m) with no parallel taxiway. In 2002 the airport was completely shut down for almost 6 months while the old runway and apron were completely removed and a new concrete runway (4,400 x 100 ft.) was constructed. In addition to the new runway, a concrete full-length parallel taxiway was constructed, the apron was re-constructed with concrete, and a new hangar area was constructed.
Beginning in 2008, the airport's Fixed Based Operator (FBO) is Mike Barron of Barron Aviation Private Flight Services. Prior to that, Rodney Hilton managed the airport.
For the 12-month period ending August 9, 2007, the airport had 4,700 aircraft operations, an average of 12 per day: 79% general aviation and 21% air taxi. At that time there were 20 aircraft based at this airport: 90% single-engine, 5% multi-engine and 5% helicopter.
- FAA Airport Master Record for HAE ( PDF), effective 2009-07-02.
- Great Circle Mapper: KHAE - Hannibal Regional Airport - Hannibal, Missouri
- [dead link] Hannibal Courier-Post. May 19, 2003.
- Henley, Danny (May 20, 2008). "City council approves airport management services". Hannibal Courier-Post.
- "City of Hannibal Newsletter" (PDF).. March 2006.
- Hannibal Regional Airport, official site
- Aerial photo as of 13 April 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for HAE, effective July 20, 2017
- Resources for this airport: