Hanoi – Amsterdam High School
|Hanoi – Amsterdam High School for the Gifted|
Hoang Minh Giam Str., Trung Hoa Nhan Chinh, Cau Giay District|
|Motto||Nơi khởi đầu của những ước mơ (Where dreams begin)|
|Principal||Le Thi Oanh (Lê Thị Oanh)|
|Number of students||approx. 2,500|
Hanoi – Amsterdam High School is one of the four regional magnet schools in Hanoi, Vietnam. The school has many students who have won awards nationally and internationally, including top prizes from global competitions such as the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), the International Physics Olympiad (IPhO), the International Olympiad in Informatics (IOI), the International Biology Olympiad (IBO) and the International Chemistry Olympiad (IChO).
In 1972, during the height of the Vietnam War, Hanoi was under heavy bombardment by the US Air Force. Dr. I. Samkalden, the mayor of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, started a campaign to mobilize his people to donate for the establishment of a high school in Hanoi to express their support to the citizens of Hanoi. The result of this campaign was the founding of Hanoi – Amsterdam High School. September 5, 1985, marked the official commencement of the first school year there.
For its achievements, the school received the 3rd degree Labor Decoration (1995), the 2nd degree Labor Decoration (2000), the 1st degree Labor Decoration (2005), and the title of Hero of Labor (2000) from the Vietnamese government.
In 2010, the school was relocated to a new campus at Hoang Minh Giam Street, Cau Giay District in commemoration of Millennial Anniversary of Hanoi.
- Three Physics labs are equipped with wave and electric field generators, lasers, etc.
- Two chemistry labs provide lab equipment and chemical substances for class-room experiments.
- There are four computer labs with 70 computers.
- The school has one biology lab with models, projectors, computer, etc. for projects and experiments.
- Language room and media room have a capacity to hold 80 students.
The school has a soccer field, tennis court, and an indoor gym with a badminton court, volleyball courts, basketball court and a swimming pool.
- Bảng vàng thành tích học sinh giỏi quốc tế của trường Hà nội -Amsterdam qua các thời kì
- "A Memorable Beginning". Hanoi – Amsterdam Organization. Archived from the original on 2009-02-07. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
- "Material Facilities and Equipment at Hanoi-Amsterdam High school". Hanoi – Amsterdam Organization. Archived from the original on 2009-02-07. Retrieved 2009-08-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hanoi – Amsterdam High School.|