|Native name||Dự án Đường sắt đô thị Hà Nội'|
|Transit type||Rapid transit|
|Number of lines||
2 (under construction) |
|Operation will start||2018|
The Hanoi Metro (Vietnamese: Dự án Đường sắt đô thị Hà Nội) is a metro rail system, including elevated and underground sections, to serve the public in urban and suburban areas of Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam and it will be the country's first rapid transit system. The metro system will eventually consist of 8 lines with the total length of 318 km. Currently there are 2 lines under construction: line 2A Cat Linh - Ha Dong (Cát Linh Line) and line 3: Nhon - Hanoi Station section (part of Văn Miếu Line). Initially, the system will carry 200,000 passengers per day.
The first phase of the metro system, line 2A from Cat Linh to Ha Dong, is projected to be operational in 2018, after facing delays and cost blowouts due to difficulties in getting clearance, slow progress and scope creep.
- 1 Lines
- 2 Construction progress
- 2.1 Line 2A (Cat Linh Line - C): Cat Linh - Ha Dong
- 2.2 Line 3 (Kim Ma Line - K): Nhon - Hanoi Station Section
- 2.3 Line 1 (Long Bien line - L): Ngoc Hoi - Gia Lam (Phase I)
- 2.4 Line 2 (Hoan Kiem line - H): Noi Bai Airport - Nam Thang Long - Tran Hung Dao - Thuong Dinh - Hoang Quoc Viet
- 2.5 Line 4 (Thang Long line - T): Me Linh - Dong Anh - Hoang Mai - Ring road 2.5 - Co Nhue - Lien Ha
- 2.6 Line 5 (Kim Ma line - K): South West Lake - Hoa Lac - Ba Vi
- 2.7 Line 6 (Noi Bai line - N): Noi Bai Airport - Phu Dien - Ha Dong - Ngoc Hoi
- 2.8 Line 7 (Ha Dong line - D): Me Linh - Nhon - Van Canh - Duong Noi
- 2.9 Line 8 (My Dinh line - M): Son Dong - Mai Dich - Linh Nam - Duong Xa
- 3 See also
- 4 References
- 5 External links
According to the Prime Minister's Decision approving the transport development of Hanoi by 2030 and vision to 2050 (519/QD-TTg dated 31 March 2016), the Hanoi Metro system consists of 8 lines, including elevated and underground sections. The metro lines are assigned for Ministry of Transport (MoT) and the Hanoi People's Committee (HPC) to be investors.
|Line color||Symbol||Line number||Line name||Route||Length (km)||Status||Number of stations||Depots||Investors||Funding|
|velvet||Line 1||Long Biên Line (L)||Yên Viên/Dương Xá - Long Biên - Hanoi Central Station - Ngọc Hồi||36||final planning||23||Yên Viên, Dương Xá, Ngọc Hồi||MoT||JICA, Vietnamese government|
|ocean||Line 2||Hoàn Kiếm Line (H)||Noi Bai Airport - Nhat Tan Bridge - Hoang Hoa Tham - Hoan Kiem lake - Hang Bai - Dai Co Viet - Thuong Dinh||42||pending budget approval||32||Xuân Đỉnh, Phủ Lỗ||HPC||JICA|
|sky||Line 2A||Cát Linh Line (C)||Cát Linh - Giảng Võ - Láng Hạ - Thanh Xuân - Hà Đông||14||pilot run||12||Yên Nghĩa||MoT||Exim Bank of China, Vietnamese government|
|leaf||Line 3||Văn Miếu Line (V)||Trôi - Nhổn - Hanoi Central Station - Hoàng Mai||26||under construction||26||Nhổn||HPC||French Development Agency, European Investment Bank|
|orange||Line 4||Thăng Long Line (T)||(circular line) Mê Linh - Đông Anh - Sài Đồng - Vĩnh Tuy - Ring road 2.5 - Cổ Nhuế - Liên Hà||54||initial planning||41||Liên Hà, Đại Mạch||HPC||TBA|
|gold||Line 5||Kim Mã Line (K)||South Tây Hồ - Ngọc Khánh - Thăng Long Boulevard Expressway - An Khánh - Ring road 4 - Hoà Lạc||39||initial planning||17||Sơn Đồng, Hoà Lạc||HPC||TBA|
|silver||Line 6||Nội Bài Line (N)||Noi Bai Airport - Phú Diễn - Hà Đông - Ngọc Hồi||43||initial planning||29||Ngọc Hồi, Kim Mỗ||HPC||TBA|
|rose||Line 7||Hà Đông Line (Đ)||Mê Linh - Nhổn - Vân Canh - Dương Nội - Hà Đông||28||initial planning||23||Mê Linh||HPC||TBA|
|violet||Line 8||Mỹ Đình Line (M)||Sơn Đồng - Mai Dịch - Ring road 3 - Lĩnh Nam - Dương Xá||37||initial planning||26||Sơn Đồng, Cổ Bì||HPC||KOICA|
|brown||Line 9||Sơn Tây Line (S)||Sơn Tây - Hoà Lạc - Xuân Mai||initial planning||Sơn Tây, Xuân Mai||HPC||TBA|
At present, the Ministry of Transport and Hanoi People's Committee are having 4 lines - sections being constructed, including:
Line 2A (Cat Linh Line - C): Cat Linh - Ha Dong
Line 3 (Kim Ma Line - K): Nhon - Hanoi Station Section
The Hanoi Metro Rail System Project (Line 3: Nhon - Hanoi Station section) is in line with the Prime Minister's Decision approving the transport development of Hanoi by 2030 and vision to 2050 (519/QD-TTg dated 31/03/2016). The project has the Hanoi Metropolitan Railway Management Board as its investor. It is 12.5 km long in total, with 8.5 km elevated and 4 km underground, stretching from the city's western suburbs - Nhon - to the city center on Tran Hung Dao Street. Its services are scheduled for completion in 2021.
Line 1 (Long Bien line - L): Ngoc Hoi - Gia Lam (Phase I)
Metro line 1, Ngoc Hoi - Gia Lam section is 15.4 km long and elevated (including 8.9 km elevated, 1.7 km bridge and 4.8 km on surface). The line has Railway Project Management Unit (RPMU) as its investor and Ministry of Transport as project owner. Its budget is from Japanese ODA. Currently it is in detailed design phase.
The whole line will be done in 3 phases:
- Phase 1: Ngoc Hoi - Gia Lam (15.4 km)
- Phase 2: Gia Lam - Yen Vien
- Phase 3: Gia Lam - Duong Xa
Line 2 (Hoan Kiem line - H): Noi Bai Airport - Nam Thang Long - Tran Hung Dao - Thuong Dinh - Hoang Quoc Viet
This is 42 km in total length, connecting Noi Bai Airport with the city center. There will be 32 stations and 2 depots. The 4 phases of the project are:
- Phase 1: Nam Thang Long - Tran Hung Dao: 11.5 km long, of which 8.9 km underground and 2.6 km on surface. It consists of 10 stations including 7 underground, 3 elevated and 1 depot. The project owner is Hanoi Metropolitan Railway Management Board. The project will be funded by Japanese ODA. At present cost estimate is pending to be approved.
- Phase 2: Tran Hung Dao - Thuong Dinh: 5.9 km long, totally underground and now is at feasibility study phase.
- Phase 2: Thuong Dinh - Ring road 2.5 - Hoang Quoc Viet
- Phase 3: Noi Bai Airport - Nam Thang Long: 12.5 km long
Line 4 (Thang Long line - T): Me Linh - Dong Anh - Hoang Mai - Ring road 2.5 - Co Nhue - Lien Ha
Metro line 4 is the longest out of 8 lines, with 41 stations and 2 depots. It will work as a loop line that takes into account connections with lines 1, 2A, 3, 5, 6 and 7.
Line 5 (Kim Ma line - K): South West Lake - Hoa Lac - Ba Vi
In 2012, the project was expected to start in 2017 but the commencement date has now been postponed. It will be 38.4 km long with 17 stations and 2 depots. Right now feasibility study is carried out by JICA. Its project owner is the Hanoi Metropolitan Railway Management Board. 2 phases are:
- Phase 1: South West Lake - An Khanh: 14.1 km with 10 stations
- Phase 2: An Khanh - Ba Vi: 24.1 km with 7 stations
Line 6 (Noi Bai line - N): Noi Bai Airport - Phu Dien - Ha Dong - Ngoc Hoi
Metro line 6's total length is 43 km with 29 stations and 2 depots. The route runs mainly on the current national track system, connecting the southern districts to the northern ones and Noi Bai airport (T2 terminal).
Line 7 (Ha Dong line - D): Me Linh - Nhon - Van Canh - Duong Noi
Metro line 7 is 27.6 km long with 23 stations and 1 depot at Me Linh. The route runs in the north to the south, connecting Me Linh urban area to urban area series in the midth of ring roads 3 and 4 and downtown in the west of Hanoi.
Line 8 (My Dinh line - M): Son Dong - Mai Dich - Linh Nam - Duong Xa
Metro line 8 is 37.4 km long with 26 stations and 2 depots. The underground section is from Mai Dich to Linh Nam, and elevated sections are 2 parts: Son Dong to Mai Dich and Linh Nam to Duong Xa.
- Mạnh Hưng; Vũ Dung (2017-11-10). "Bài 3: Cần được ưu tiên số 1 về hạ tầng" [Lesson 3: Priority No.1 for infrastructure] (in Vietnamese).
- "Masterplan of 8 metro lines in Hanoi in 2030 and vision to 2050".
- "Test ride of metro line 2A Cat Linh - Ha Dong".
- Đoàn Loan (2017-12-11). "Đường sắt Cát Linh - Hà Đông có thể chậm tiến độ thêm 11 tháng". VnExpress.net (in Vietnamese). Hà Nội: Bộ Khoa học Công nghệ. Retrieved 2018-01-07.
- "Ha Noi Metro Rail System Project (Line 3: Nhon-Ha Noi Station Section)".
Media related to Hanoi Metro at Wikimedia Commons