Hanover Township, Ashland County, Ohio
|Hanover Township, Ashland County, Ohio|
Location of Hanover Township in Ashland County
|• Total||32.6 sq mi (84.5 km2)|
|• Land||32.4 sq mi (83.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.7 km2)|
|Elevation||1,204 ft (367 m)|
|• Density||63/sq mi (24.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085705|
Located in the far southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Green Township - north
- Washington Township, Holmes County - northeast
- Knox Township, Holmes County - east
- Jefferson Township, Knox County - southeast
- Brown Township, Knox County - southwest
- Worthington Township, Richland County - west
- Monroe Township, Richland County - northwest corner
Part of the village of Loudonville is located in northeastern Hanover Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Hanover township, Ashland County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- Baughman, Abraham J. (1909). History of Ashland County, Ohio, Volume 1. S. J. Clarke Publishing Company. p. 139.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.