16 June 1941 |
|Alma mater||University of Mannheim|
|Occupation||Owner and chairman of Rudolf Wild GmbH & Co. KG|
|Net worth||$2.7 billion (May 2017)|
Hans-Peter Wild (born 16 June 1941) is a German entrepreneur and lawyer. He is the owner and chairman of Rudolf Wild GmbH & Co. KG, which, according to company information, is the world's largest private manufacturer of natural flavor ingredients for food products and beverages.
Hans-Peter Wild was born in Heidelberg in 1941, the son of Rudolf Wild, who founded the Wild company in 1931. He passed the first state examination as a lawyer in Heidelberg with distinction. He completed a degree in business studies in Mannheim, majoring in fiscal law and auditing.  He completed a PhD entitled "The market-dominating company under French law" at the Faculty of Law at the University of Mannheim. After graduation, he worked at the Diersch & Schröder group of companies for four years as managing director, being responsible for the company's mineral oil, chemistry and shipping activities. In 1974, he joined his parents' company - with the aim of expanding the world markets with Capri Sun and taking the company global.
Wild is president of the "Leonie Wild Charitable Foundation", which he initiated together with his mother Leonie Wild in 1997. The trust helps citizens in need and is involved in social and cultural projects, particularly in Eppelheim and in the Heidelberg region. In addition to its support for the construction of the new Heidelberg Children's Hospital, it has also been supporting the "Ballschule" ball-sports academy at the University of Heidelberg since 2001. The Ballschule provides supplementary sports classes for children in the first and second grade (source: Rhein-Neckar-Zeitung, June 22, 2006). Wild also assists the University of Heidelberg through donations, thus continuing the tradition started by his father Rudolf Wild.
He donated a professorship to the International Institute for Management Development (IMD) in Lausanne. In the end of 2001 the IMD Lombard Odier Business Center was extended by the Wild Group Chair for Family Business.
The Ruprecht Karl University of Heidelberg made Wild an honorary senator in recognition of his many years of service in 1996. The town of Eppelheim made him an honorary citizen in June 2006 for his entrepreneurial achievements and his many years of commitment to the employees of WILD GmbH & Co. KG and the social facilities in Eppelheim and the region.
- Das marktbeherrschende Unternehmen im französischen Recht (The market-dominating company under French law), dissertation, Mannheim 1969
- Capri-Sonne. Die Faszination einer Weltmarke, (Capri-Sun. The fascination of a global brand) Frankfurt am Main 2001 ISBN 3-89843-036-7
- "Hans Peter Wild". Forbes. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- Hans-Peter Wild, on bloomberg.com, May 25, 2017.
- (in German) HÜber die WRA, on wildrugbyacademy.de, accessed: 25 May 2017.
- (in German) Getränke-Hersteller gegen Gold-Händler Offenbach-Post, published: 28 May 2011. accessed: 21 August 2011
- (in French) Hans-Peter Wild choisi pour reprendre le Stade Français, on lequipe.fr, 24 May 2017.