Hans Baumann (inventor)
|Hans D. Baumann|
|Occupation||Inventor, engineer, author|
Hans D. Baumann is a German-American inventor and engineer. He has registered over 200 patents and produced 105 publications. He is known internationally as a valve specialist and is an expert on aerodynamic noise of gases.
Baumann came to the United States from Germany in 1953, as an exchange student. He holds degrees from [Case institute of Technology (now part of Case Western Reserve University)] and Northeastern University, and earned a Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Columbia Pacific University.
Baumann has worked as Chief Engineer at W. & T. Co., a valve supplier in Germany; Manager of Research & Development at Worthington S/A in France; Director of Engineering at Cashco, Inc., in the U.S.; Vice President of Masoneilan International, Inc.; and Senior Vice President of Technology for Fisher Controls. In 1977, he founded H. D. Baumann Assoc., Ltd., manufacturing control valves; the company was subsequently acquired by Fisher Instruments, and is now part of Emerson Process Management.
In the field of engineering, Baumann has published manuals on valves and was a contributor to the Instrument Engineers' Handbook, Control Valves Handbook, Noise and Vibration Control Engineering Handbook, and Handbook of Noise and Vibration Control. He has also self-published several books on business management and German history. His book Hitler's Fate suggests that Adolf Hitler did not commit suicide, but rather survived World War II.
Baumann is a licensed Professional Engineer in four states and a member of Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Society. He is an advisor to the dean of the University of New Hampshire Business School, and presently resides in Palm Beach, Florida.
- 1989 "Entrepreneur of the Year" by the New Hampshire High Technology Council
- "One of fifty most important Industrial Innovators" by InTech Magazine, a publication of the International Society of Automation
- Fellow Member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Honorary Member of the International Society of Automation
- Inductee "Process Automation Hall of Fame"
- "Top-heavy management drains companies", InTech, May 2008
- "Outsourcing—Good or Evil?", Mechanical Engineering
- Control Valve Primer: A User's Guide (ISBN 1556176406)
- The Ideal Enterprise (ISBN 0533141850).
- Hitler's Fate: The Final Story (ISBN 1847481353).
- Building Lean Companies: How To Keep Companies Profitable As They Grow (ISBN 978-1-60037-488-3)
- The Vanished Life of Eva Braun (ISBN 978-1-4489-5136-9)
- "Rethink e-mail, meetings, computers". SeacoastOnline.com. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- "Automation Founders Circle: Dr. Hans Baumann". ISA. Retrieved 2011-02-23.
- "Automation Leaders | Five of Automation’s Biggest Hits". Control Global. Retrieved 2011-02-23.