Hans Christian Yachts
Hans Christian is a brand of heavily built cruising sailboats.
Most designs are credited to Robert H. Perry, Harwood Ives, Scott Sprague and Tommy Chen. Boat production began in the early 1970s.
In the mid 1980s Hans Christian Yachts commissioned the designing of a new series of boats based on a more modern hull design with the goal of the "ultimate cruising sailboat." The end result was the Christina series with the 52 and 48 models designed by Doug Peterson and Scott Sprague designing 40 and 43 versions. Construction was done in Taiwan at Horng Bin Marine Yacht boat yard and in the early 1990s the molds and construction were moved to Thailand.
Hans Christian today
In November 2004 production of the traditional range of Hans Christian Yachts was transferred from Andersen Yachts Ltd to Pantawee Marine Co., Ltd
Jack Hall and his wife Jum established Pantawee Marine Co., Ltd in 1986 as a wholly owned family boat building business located on the eastern seaboard of Thailand near the resort city of Pattaya. Jack has managed Andersen Yachts Ltd, the yard that manufactured Hans Christian Yachts from 1996 to 2004.
- Hans Christian 33 Traditional - PHRF 213
- Hans Christian 34 C - PHRF 204
- Hans Christian 38 - PHRF 192
- Hans Christian 38.5 - PHRF 186
- Hans Christian 41 Traditional - PHRF 162
- Hans Christian 43 Center Cockpit - PHRF 138
- Hans Christian 43 Ketch - PHRF 150
- Hans Christian 43 Sloop - PHRF 144
- Hans Christian 43 Traditional Keel - PHRF 144
- Hans Christian 44 - PHRF 201
- Hans Christian Christina 40 - Unknown
- Hans Christian Christina 43 - PHRF 168
- Hans Christian Christina 48 - PHRF 120
- Hans Christian Christina 52 - PHRF 102
- Pantawee Marine - Exclusive Builder of Hans Christian
- Hans Christian Owners Association website
- Overview of the Hans Christian 38 Traditional, and its history at bluewaterboats.org
- Southern California PHRF (Rating Board)
- Heart of GLASS, Fiberglass Boats And The Men Who Made Them by Daniel Spurr pages 244 - 250