24 March 1916|
|Died||6 April 1984
|Years of service||1939–45|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross|
Hans Döbrich (24 March 1916 – 6 April 1984) was a former Luftwaffe fighter ace and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross during World War II. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Hans Döbrich was credited with 65 victories. All his victories were recorded over the Eastern Front.
Döbrich, as a member of 6./Jagdgeschwader 5 (JG 5), participated in battles on the northern flank of the Eastern Front in the Soviet Arctic. On 19 July 1942 he was forced to bail out 20 kilometres (12 mi) west of Murmashi Russia from his Bf 109 F-4 (Werknummer 10169—factory number) "Yellow 9" after his radiator was hit by fire from a Yak-1. Döbrich made a good forced landing and then spent the next seven days walking back to the Staffel. On 16 July 1943, whilst flying Bf 109 G-6, Döebrich was wounded by enemy fighters after downing two aircraft and was forced to bail out into Petsamo Fjord, Finland. His combat career ended after a serious third wound to the face. His total victory tally was at least 65 victories achieved in 248 missions, an additional 19 victories were unconfirmed. All his victories were recorded over the Eastern Front.
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- Wound Badge in Silver
- Front Flying Clasp of the Luftwaffe in Gold
- Ehrenpokal der Luftwaffe (17 August 1942)
- German Cross in Gold on 15 October 1942 as Unteroffizier in the 6./Jagdgeschwader 5
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 19 September 1943 as Feldwebel and pilot in the 6./Jagdgeschwader 5
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 88.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 275.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 162.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000) . Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 — Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Obermaier, Ernst (1989). Die Ritterkreuzträger der Luftwaffe Jagdflieger 1939 – 1945 [The Knight's Cross Bearers of the Luftwaffe Fighter Force 1939 – 1945] (in German). Mainz, Germany: Verlag Dieter Hoffmann. ISBN 978-3-87341-065-7.
- Patzwall, Klaus D.; Scherzer, Veit (2001). Das Deutsche Kreuz 1941 – 1945 Geschichte und Inhaber Band II [The German Cross 1941 – 1945 History and Recipients Volume 2] (in German). Norderstedt, Germany: Verlag Klaus D. Patzwall. ISBN 978-3-931533-45-8.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Militaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.