This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Regional Director for Europe of the World Health Organization|
|Assumed office |
1 February 2020
|Preceded by||Zsuzsanna Jakab|
Hans Henri Marcel Paul Kluge (born 29 November 1968, (Roeselare) is a Belgian medical doctor and public health expert with more than 25 years of experience spanning three continents. As of 1 February 2020[update], he served as the World Health Organization Regional Director for Europe after being nominated in September 2019 by the WHO Regional Committee for Europe. In 2019, Belgium proposed Dr Kluge as a candidate for the position of WHO Regional Director for Europe.
As WHO Regional Director for Europe, Dr Kluge introduced a new strategic vision for the WHO European Region, called "United action for better health". When introducing the vision, Dr Kluge said, "Together, we must build a pan-European culture of health, where health and well-being goals guide public and private decision-making, and everyone can make healthy choices". This vision was translated into the European Programme of Work 2020-2025 (EPW), which was formally adopted by the Region in September 2020.
Dr Kluge also initiated the Pan-European Commission on Health and Sustainable Development, an independent and interdisciplinary group of leaders convened to rethink policy priorities in the light of pandemics. In December 2021 Kluge said:"We can see another storm coming". In February Kluge said "This period of higher protection should be seen as a 'ceasefire' that could bring us enduring peace."
- "Dr Hans Henri P. Kluge". Euro.who.int.
- "Dr Hans Kluge elected as WHO Regional Director for Europe". Efna.net. 14 October 2019. Retrieved 8 August 2020.
- "Radiology Management, ICU Management, Healthcare IT, Cardiology Management, Executive Management". Healthmanagement.org. Retrieved 8 August 2020.
- "Dr Hans Kluge is the nominee for WHO Regional Director for Europe". Euro.who.int. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- "Vision and strategic directions". Euro.who.int. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- "European Programme of Work (2020–2025) – United Action for Better Health in Europe". Euro.who.int. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- "Inaugural meeting of Pan-European Commission on Health and Sustainable Development takes place". Euro.who.int. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- "Dec 22, 2021 Omicron variant and coronavirus news". Cnn.com. 22 December 2021. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
- "Europe entering Covid pandemic 'ceasefire', says WHO". BBC News. 3 February 2022. Retrieved 3 February 2022.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hans Kluge.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to Hans Kluge.|