Hans Kristian Rausing
Hans Kristian Rausing
|Known for||Shares in Tetra Pak|
Rausing did not enter the family business. Instead, he travelled in his youth before meeting Eva Kemeny while in drug rehabilitation in the United States. On 16 October 1992, the couple married. In common with other members of the Rausing family, they settled in London (and Barbados), and donated millions of pounds to charities, in particular those concerned with drug awareness and addiction prevention. They built and funded a rehabilitation centre on the Caribbean island of Barbados.
In April 2008, Rausing and his wife were arrested on drugs charges after Mrs Rausing allegedly tried to take small amounts of crack cocaine and heroin into the United States embassy in London. Quantities of crack cocaine and heroin were then found in their home. They were charged with possession of a large amount of cocaine and smaller quantities of crack, heroin and cannabis after a Scotland Yard investigation. They admitted possessing Class A drugs (cocaine and heroin) and received a police caution.
On 10 July 2012 Rausing was arrested on suspicion of possessing class A drugs, after which his wife Eva Rausing was found dead at the couple's Belgravia home. On 17 July 2012, he was charged with delaying burial of her body. He pleaded guilty and received a suspended sentence. The couple had four children.
- "Rausing hoppade av och försökte köpa veckotidningsförlag" (in Swedish). Sydsvenskan. 23 August 2008. Archived from the original on 23 April 2010.
- "Miljardär - och fast i drogerna" (in Swedish). Expressen. 27 April 2008.
- Chris Greenwood; David Williams; Sam Greenhill; Christian Gysin (10 July 2012). "The shocking decline of the Tetrapak billionaire and his wife: Pair pictured looking dazed and dishevelled just weeks before police find her body in their London home". Mail Online. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- Martin Evans; Donna Bowater; Duncan Gardham (10 July 2012). "Billionaire Hans Kristian Rausing arrested after wife's body found in London home". The Telegraph. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Eva Rausing death: Husband charged with burial delay". BBC News. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
|This United Kingdom business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|