|Full name||Johannes Christian Pflügler|
|Date of birth||27 March 1960|
|Place of birth||Freising, West Germany|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|1979–1982||Bayern Munich II|
|1992–1997||Bayern Munich II||66||(6)|
|2001–2002||Bayern Munich II||32||(4)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Johannes Christian "Hans" Pflügler (born 27 March 1960) is a German retired footballer. He could operate as either a left back or a central defender, and played solely for Bayern Munich, winning eight major titles and appearing in nearly 400 official games.
Born in Freising, Pflügler made his professional debuts in 1981–82, with the only club he ever knew, local FC Bayern Munich. After two experimental seasons, he became an automatic first-choice, scoring 27 Bundesliga goals from 1983 to 1988 combined and playing all the games and minutes in the 1986–87 European Cup, as the team finally finished second to FC Porto.
After helping the Bavarians to five leagues and three cups, Pflügler only managed to appear in 14 matches in the 1991–92 campaign, and decided to retire. However, a flood of injuries to the side in 1995 prompted a request by manager Giovanni Trapattoni which the player accepted, appearing on 8 April in a home game against 1. FC Kaiserslautern where he was also booked; even more astonishingly, he spent the entire 2001–02 with the B-team in Regionalliga Süd, helping it to a final tenth place at the age of 42.
Pflügler played for the German national team on 11 occasions, making his debut on 25 March 1987 in a friendly game with Israel. He was selected for the squad at the following year's UEFA European Championship.
- Bundesliga: 1984–85, 1985–86, 1986–87, 1988–89, 1989–90
- DFB-Pokal: 1981–82, 1983–84, 1985–86; Runner-up 1984–85
- European Cup: Runner-up 1986–87
- "Die Klasse von 1990" [The class of 1990] (in German). Die Zeit. July 2015. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Rincón clasificó a Colombia" [Rincón qualified Colombia] (in Spanish). Mundo Deportivo. 20 June 1990. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Die Mannschaft ist hungrig" [The team is hungry] (in German). 11 Freunde. 19 April 2008. Retrieved 21 May 2010.
- "Wie gegen eine Wand" [Like hitting a wall] (in German). Der Spiegel. 4 May 1998. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- "Der rote Rückpass (16): Hans Pflügler" [The red back-pass (16): Hans Pflügler] (in German). Abendzeitung. 22 June 2009. Retrieved 21 January 2016.
- Hans Pflügler at fussballdaten.de (German)
- Hans Pflügler at National-Football-Teams.com
- Hans Pflügler – FIFA competition record
- Germany stats at Eu-Football
- Pension Pflügler official website