|Motto||तमसो मॅ ज्योतिर गमय Sanskrit|
Motto in English
|From darkness, lead me to light.|
|President||Amit Kumar Singh|
|Principal||Dr. Rama Sharma|
|Location||New Delhi, Delhi, India|
|Campus||North Campus, University of Delhi-110007|
|Affiliations||University of Delhi|
Hansraj College is a constituent college of the University of Delhi, in New Delhi, India. It is NAAC Grade A+ with CGPA 3.62. The college offers studies in Science, Liberal Arts, and Commerce. Since its foundation in 1948, the college has produced notable alumni who are prominent leaders in their fields nationally and internationally. It is the first college of Delhi University and the first Central University college to hoist a Monumental National Flag in its premises, which was initiated by Flag Foundation Of India(NGO). The flag was hoisted on 25 January 2017, by Hansraj Alumnus and Founder of Flag Foundation Of India, Mr. Naveen Jindal.
Hans Raj College was founded by the D.A.V. College Managing Committee in 1948 on July 26, in memory of the prominent Indian educator and nationalist Mahatma Hansraj. Initially started as an institution for men, the college became co-educational in 1978. Hansraj has been ranked 2nd best college of Delhi university after Stephens in science and for commerce after SRCC. It is one of the largest institutions of D.A.V group, which runs and manages over 700 institutions in India. With over 5,000 students, it is also one of the largest constituent colleges of the University of Delhi. For years Hans Raj College has been ranked among the Top-10 colleges of India in all three disciplines. At the celebration of its 69th Foundation Day, Naveen Jindal, industrialist and alumnus, announced that Hans Raj College would become the first college to hoist the national flag on its premises. The college hoisted the Monumental Flag on 25 January 2017 which happens to be the second Monumental Flagpole in Delhi after CP. The flag was hoisted by MP Naveen Jindal, an alumnus of the college and founder of Flag Foundation of India (FFOI).
Hansraj College undergoes the standard admissions process of Delhi University. In order to apply to this college for an undergraduate course, the student has to fill out a central form that is released by the university itself. After a few weeks of the deadline of the forms, Delhi University publicly releases cut off lists for each individual course for all of the undergraduate courses across the university. A student wishing to apply for a course at Hansraj can look at the cut-off and matches his or her 12th-grade percentage with the same. If the 12th-grade percentage is equal to or greater than the percentage in the cut-off, the student is eligible for admission. The student then goes to the college, and takes the required steps to attain a spot in the college. The college provides courses for both graduates and undergraduate students in science, commerce and arts stream.
Sports facilities include indoor and outdoor facilities.
- Shah Rukh Khan – Bollywood Actor
- Aarti Bajaj – Film editor
- Abhinav Kashyap – Filmmaker
- Aditya Jha – Entrepreneur
- Ajay Maken – former MP, former Sports Minister
- Anil Aggrawal – Forensic Pathologist
- Anurag Kashyap – Filmmaker
- Dr. Palash Sen – Actor, musician
- Gopal Subramaniam – Solicitor General of India
- Jai Prakash Agarwal – Member of Parliament, Chairman House Committee, LS Indian Political Party-Congress Party
- Kabir Sadanand – Actor/director
- Kiren Rijiju – - MP, Union minister
- Kushal Tandon – Actor
- Rajesh Khattar – Actor
- Lobsang Sangay – Kalon Tripa (Prime Minister), Tibet A Government-in-exile
- Munish Chandra Puri – Mathematician Harsh Sambher(writer and philosopher)
- Naveen Jindal – Industrialist, Politician
- Partha Dasgupta – Frank Ramsey Professor (Economics), Cambridge University
- Parvin Dabas – Actor
- Pavan Malhotra – Actor
- Rannvijay Singh – Actor, VJ MTV India
- Richard Rekhy – Chief Executive Officer of KPMG in India
- Rohan Mehra – Actor, Model.
- Sabyasachi Chakrabarty – Actor
- Sheeba Chadha – Actress
- Shiney Ahuja – Actor
- Susmit Sen – musician, Indian Ocean
- Tarsem Singh – Hollywood Director
- Vijay Kumar Malhotra – Politician BJP Indian Political Party
- Vinod Dua – Eminent Journalist
- Sushil Kumar (biologist), Geneticist and Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize recipient
- V. K. Dadhwal, ISRO scientist Harsh Sambher (writer and trainer)
- Pallavi Joshi, – Eminent Film and Television Actress (of Bharat Ek Khoj Fame)
- St. Stephen's College, Delhi
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai, University of Madras
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai, Mumbai
- St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
- Hansraj College, Official website
- "Accreditation List". web5.kar.nic.in. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- "Hans Raj's 100ft-tall flag makes DU first varsity with monumental tricolor - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- "About Hansraj". Archived from the original on 13 December 2014.
- "Best Commerce Colleges in India, 2010 - | Photo20 | India Today |". Indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Best Arts Colleges in India, 2010 - | Photo6 | India Today |". Indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Best Science Colleges in India, 2010 - | Photo17 | India Today |". Indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Monumental Flagpole in Hansraj College - | Photo17 | India Today |". The Times Of India. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 3 June 2013. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "Shah Rukh Khan collects graduation degree, 28 years later".
- "Fourteenth Lok Sabha: Members Bioprofile". Lok Sabha. Archived from the original on 29 May 2014. Retrieved 28 May 2014.
- Aasheesh Sharma (January 16, 2016). ""If people remember my characters more than my name, it's my success as an actor," says Pavan Malhotra". Hindustan Times, Brunch. Retrieved 2016-01-17.
- "Richard did his B.Com from Hansraj College and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in the year 1983".