|Representing West Germany|
|1984 Sarajevo||Men's doubles|
|1981 Hammarstrand||Men's doubles|
|1983 Lake Placid||Men's doubles|
|World Cup Championships|
|1984 Olang||Men's doubles|
|1982 Winterberg||Men's doubles|
Hans Stangassinger (born 5 January 1960 in Berchtesgaden, Bavaria) was a West German luger who competed in the early 1980s. He won the gold medal in the men's doubles event at the 1984 Winter Olympics in Sarajevo.
Stangassinger also won two bronze medals in the men's doubles event at the FIL World Luge Championships (1981, 1983). At the FIL European Luge Championships, he also won two medals in the men's doubles event with a silver in 1984 and a bronze in 1982.
Stangassinger's best overall Luge World Cup finish was second in men's doubles in 1982-3.
- DatabaseOlympics.com information on Stangassinger
- Fuzilogik Sports - Winter Olympic results - Men's luge
- Hickoksports.com results on Olympic champions in luge and skelton.
- Hickok sports information on World champions in luge and skeleton.
- List of European luge champions (German)
- List of men's doubles luge World Cup champions since 1978.
|This biographical article relating to German luge is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a German Winter Olympic medalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|