This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Products||Handbags, Jewelry, Media|
Hansengross is an independent fashion label started in 2006. The company is based in New York City and is known for its socially responsible, locally produced bags for men, women, and travel.
History and Collections
Hansengross believes their bags are a juxtaposition of artwork and luxury goods, that is why they produce each line in limited editions. The bag designs are minimalist and structural while still fluid.
The company has been mentioned for its fusion of underground avant-garde and traditional craftsmanship, and featured on the cover of Women's Wear Daily and in New York fashion magazines like Nylon. Other magazines and websites have referred to Hansengross as an "upcoming brand,"[This quote needs a citation] "keep an eye out,"[This quote needs a citation] and "the 'it' bag that doesn't know it yet"[This quote needs a citation] since their premier 2006 collection.
- Kurtovic, Vildana. "Hansengross' Luxe Leather" Archived 2013-11-03 at the Wayback Machine, JC Report, August 13th, 2008. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- Jackson, Taylor. "Guilt-Free Danish. Socially-conscious leather? Meet the closest thing.", GenArt, August 25, 2008. Archived November 20, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- Gerstenberg, Sine. "Hands-on handbags", Vs. Magazine, page 42, Spring/Summer 2008.
- WWD Staff. "World Beat", WWD, cover page, December 27th, 2007.
- Chevalier, Jean Michel. "Genius News: Murse Code", Nylon Guys, page 48, Winter, 2008.
- Juli B. "June Picks." Archived 2007-08-14 at the Wayback Machine, JuliB, June 1st, 2006.[full citation needed]
- Staff. "Danish Designers.", Denmark Fashion, 2007.[dead link]
- Helena. "Lördagsgodis från Hansengross"[permanent dead link], Demode (Sweden), March 18th, 2007.
- Catton, Pia. "Great Danes - Copenhagen Labels are Gaining Ground in America", The New York Sun, November 6th, 2007.
- Nnadi, Chioma. "Style", The Fader, Oct/Nov, 2007.