Hansfield railway station
|Location||Station Road, Hansfield, Dublin 15
Republic of Ireland
|Owned by||Iarnród Éireann|
|Operated by||Iarnród Éireann|
|Fare zone||Suburban 2|
|28 June 2013||Station opens|
Hansfield railway station is a railway station on the Dublin Docklands to M3 Parkway commuter service serving the communities of Hansfield (Ongar and Barnwell) and Clonee, located in West Blanchardstown in County Dublin.
Passengers can travel directly between Hansfield and Docklands, Broombridge, Ashtown, Navan Road Parkway, Castleknock, and Coolmine at peak times Monday to Friday only. Direct travel is possible to Clonsilla, Dunboyne and M3 Parkway on services 7 days a week.
Passengers transfer at Clonsilla:
- to travel at non peak times (including Saturday and Sunday) towards Dublin city centre.
- to travel to Maynooth and both Leixlip stations. Transfer at Maynooth for InterCity services to Sligo.
- to travel to Drumcondra. Only Maynooth to Dublin services serve Drumcondra.
The station was due to open as part of the first phase of the line's reinstatement to passenger services in 2010, and would serve the planned Strategic Development Zone for the area, which will see up to 3,000 new housing units built.
Transport Minister Leo Varadkar announced on 25 April 2012 that Hansfield station would open once the access road was in place. Irish Rail took possession of land to proceed and completed a tender process for completion of road in late 2012. Construction crews arrived on site at the end of November.
Hansfield Station opened on Friday 28 June 2013.
- Hansfield Station opened on Friday 28 June
- Hansfield Strategic Development Zone
- Rail station not to open until it has road link - Irish Times 03/09/10
- Station McGuinness featured on Hansfield train station opening
- http://www.leovaradkar.ie/?p=1530#more-1530 Leo Varadkar press announcement Hansfield
- Dublin railway station opens after three year delay, RTÉ News, 28 June 2013, retrieved 28 June 2013.
|Preceding station||Iarnród Éireann||Following station|