Hanshin Electric Railway
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Hanshin Railway)
|Locale||Kansai region, Japan|
|Dates of operation||1905 (established in 1899)–|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
Hanshin Electric Railway Co., Ltd. (阪神電気鉄道株式会社 Hanshin Denki-tetsudō Kabushiki-gaisha?) is a Japanese private railway company of Hankyu Hanshin Toho Group that links Osaka and Kobe. It also owns the Hanshin Tigers baseball team.
- Main Line (本線) (Umeda – Motomachi, 32.1 km)
- Hanshin Namba Line (阪神なんば線) (Amagasaki – Ōsaka Namba, 10.1 km)
- The section between Nishikujō and Ōsaka-Namba is the newest line of Hanshin that opened on March 20, 2009. Prior to this extension the line was called the Nishi-Ōsaka Line.
- Mukogawa Line (武庫川線) (Mukogawa – Mukogawa-danchimae, 1.7 km)
- Kobe Kosoku Line (神戸高速線) (Category-2, Motomachi – Nishidai, 5.0 km)
- The tracks of the line are owned by Kobe Rapid Transit Railway Co., Ltd. as the Tozai Line.
- Kita-Osaka Line (北大阪線) (Noda – Tenjimbashisuji Rokuchome)
- Kokudo Line(国道線) (Noda – Higashi-Kobe)
- Koshien Line (甲子園線) (Kamikoshien - Koshien - Hamakoshien - Nakatsuhama)
- Amagasaki Kaigan Line (尼崎海岸線) (Deyashiki - Higashihama)
- Mukogawa Line (武庫川線) (Mukogawa - Muko-ohashi - Nishinomiya (Japanese National Railways)): the line between Muko-ohashi and Nishinomiya (JNR) was used only for freight trains operated by JNR.
- Imazu Deyashiki Line (今津出屋敷線): Takasu - Suzaki - Hamakoshien - Imazu
- Amagasaki Takarazuka Line (尼崎宝塚線): Amagasaki - Takarazuka: planned by Takarazuka Amagasaki Railway Company
- Daini Hanshin Line: Umeda - Chidoribashi - Amagasaki - Sannomiya - Minatogawa
- June 12, 1899: Settsu Electric Railway Co., Ltd. (摂津電気鉄道株式会社 Settsu Denki-tetsudō Kabushiki-gaisha?) was established.
- July 7, 1899: The company was renamed "Hanshin Electric Railway Co., Ltd."
- April 7, 1968: Kobe Rapid Railway was opened and joint operation with Sanyo Electric Railway was started.
- February 15, 1998: Joint operation with Sanyo Electric Railway for limited express service between Umeda and Himeji was started.
- June 20, 2006: Hankyu Holdings, Inc. completed its purchase of a controlling interest in Hanshin in a transaction valued at about $2.2 billion.
- March 20, 2009: Joint operation with Kintetsu Railway for Rapid Express service between Sannomiya and Kintetsu Nara was started.
- 1000 series - through services onto the Kintetsu Nara Line
- 8000 series
- 9000 series - through services onto the Kintetsu Nara Line
- 9300 series
- 5500 series
- 5550 series (since January 2010)
- 5700 series (since August 2015) (2016 Blue Ribbon Award winner)
- "UPDATE 2-Hankyu takes over fellow railway operator Hanshin". Reuters. 2006-06-20. Retrieved 2006-06-20.
- 阪神5550系が営業運転を開始 [Hanshin 5550 series enters service]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Koyusha Co., Ltd. 30 December 2010. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- 阪神5700系が営業運転を開始 [Hanshin 5700 series enters revenue service]. Japan Railfan Magazine Online (in Japanese). Japan: Koyusha Co., Ltd. 25 August 2015. Retrieved 25 August 2015.
- "'Billboard Live' Venues To Roll Out In Japan". Billboard. 2006-09-14. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- Nielsen Business Media, Inc. (18 August 2007). Billboard 18 August 2007. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. pp. 34–. ISSN 0006-2510.
- Hankyu Hanshin Holdings Group Website in English
- Hanshin Electric Railway Website in English
- "Company history books (Shashi)". Shashi Interest Group. April 2016. Wiki collection of bibliographic works on Hanshin Electric Railway
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hanshin Electric Railway.|