Hans Raj College
|Motto||तमसो मॅ ज्योतिर गमय Sanskrit|
Motto in English
|From darkness, lead me to light.|
|President||Rajat Phogat |
|Principal||Dr. Rama Sharma|
|Location||New Delhi, Delhi, India|
|Campus||North Campus, University of Delhi-110007|
|Affiliations||University of Delhi|
Hansraj College (HRC) (Hindi: हंस राज कॉलेज) is a constituent college of the University of Delhi, in New Delhi, India. The college offers studies in Science, Liberal Arts and Commerce. Since its foundation in 1948, the college has produced notable alumni who are prominent leaders in their fields nationally and internationally. It is the first college of Delhi University and the first Central University college to hoist a Monumental National Flag in its premises, which was initiated by Flag Foundation Of India(NGO). The flag was hoisted on 25th January 2017, by Hansraj Alumnus and Founder of Flag Foundation Of India, Mr. Naveen Jindal.
Hans Raj College was founded by the D.A.V. College Managing Committee in 1948 on July 26, in memory of the prominent Indian educator and nationalist Mahatma Hansraj. Initially started as an institution for men, the college became co-educational in 1978. Hansraj has been ranked 2nd best college of Delhi university after Stephens in science and for commerce after SRCC. It is one of the largest institutions of D.A.V group, which runs and manages over 700 institutions in India. With over 5,000 students, it is also one of the largest constituent colleges of the University of Delhi. For years Hans Raj College has been ranked among the Top-10 colleges of India in all three disciplines. At the celebration of its 69th Foundation Day, Naveen Jindal, industrialist and alumnus, announced that Hans Raj College would become the first college to hoist the national flag on its premises.The college hoisted the Monumental Flag on 25th January 2017 which happens to be the second Monumental Flagpole in Delhi after CP. The flag was hoisted by MP Naveen Jindal, an alumnus of the college and founder of Flag Foundation of India (FFOI).
- 1948-1960: Dr. G. L. Datta (Department of Physics)
- 1960-1971: Shri. Shanti Narayan (Department of Mathematics)
- 1971-1985: Shri. G. P. Chopra (Department of English)
- 1985-1991: Dr. N. K. Oberoi (Department of Zoology)
- 1992-2003: Shri. J. K. Kapur (Department of Economics)
- 2003-2009: Dr. S. R. Arora (Department of Mathematics)
- 2009–2015: Dr. V. K. Kawatra (Department of Zoology)
- 2015- : Dr. Rama Sharma (Department of Hindi)
Hans Raj College, DU to offer entrepreneurship & skill development courses.
- B.A. (Hons) Economics
- B.A. (Hons) English
- B.A. (Hons) Hindi
- B.A. (Hons) History
- B.A. (Hons) Sanskrit
- B.Com. (Hons)
- B.Sc Physical Sciences
- B.Sc Life Sciences
- B.Sc. (Hons) Anthropology
- B.Sc. (Hons) Botany
- B.Sc. (Hons) Chemistry
- B.Sc. (Hons) Computer Science
- B.Sc. (Hons) Electronics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Geology
- B.Sc. (Hons) Mathematics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Physics
- B.Sc. (Hons) Zoology
- M.A. Economics
- M.A. English
- M.A. Hindi
- M.A. History
- M.A. Mathematics
- M.A. Sanskrit
- M.Sc. Anthropology
- M.Sc. Botany
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- M.Sc. Geology
- M.Sc. Mathematics
- M.Sc. Operational Research
- M.Sc. Physics
- M.Sc. Zoology
- Integrated (UG + PG)
- M.Sc. Earth Science
- Diploma French Language
- Certificate Course French Language
- Diploma German Language
- Certificate Course German Language
Sports facilities include a playing ground, an indoor sports complex, playrooms and the only electronic shooting range in the University of Delhi system.
- HARITIMA: THE ENVIRONMENT AWARENESS SOCIETY OF HANSRAJ COLLEGE 
- Neenv: Human Resource Development Cell
- The Filmmaking Society, Hansraj College 
- Hansraj College Students Union
- Lean IN Hansraj
- Hansraj Economics Society
- TEDxHansrajCollege 
- Enactus Hansraj
- Terpsi Chorean: Choreography Society
- Hans Raj Dramatics Society
- Ordinateur: The Computer Science Society 
- Society of General Awareness
- Pixels: Photography Society 
- Swaranjali, The Music Society 
- The Finance and Investment Cell
- Illuminati: Quizzing Society
- Oorja: Western Dance Society
- English Literary Society
- Ostraca: The Creative Writing Society
- Debating Society
- Colloquium: Group Discussion Forum
- NCC, NSS etc.
- Confluence, Annual Cultural Festival
- Leaders for Tomorrow Hansraj
- Culinary Arts Society
- Shah Rukh Khan – Bollywood Actor
- Aarti Bajaj – Film editor
- Abhinav Kashyap – Filmmaker
- Aditya Jha – Entrepreneur
- Ajay Maken – MP, Sports Minister
- Anil Aggrawal – Forensic Pathologist
- Anurag Kashyap – Filmmaker
- Dr. Palash Sen – Actor, musician
- Gopal Subramaniam – Solicitor General of India
- Jai Prakash Agarwal – Member of Parliament, Chairman House Committee, LS Indian Political Party-Congress Party
- Kabir Sadanand – Actor/director
- Kiren Rijiju – - MP, Union minister 
- Kushal Tandon – Actor
- Lobsang Sangay – Kalon Tripa (Prime Minister), Tibet A Government-in-exile
- Munish Chandra Puri – Mathematician Harsh Sambher(writer and philosopher)
- Naveen Jindal – Industrialist, Politician
- Partha Dasgupta – Frank Ramsey Professor (Economics), Cambridge University
- Parvin Dabas – Actor
- Pavan Malhotra – Actor 
- Rannvijay Singh – Actor, VJ MTV India
- Richard Rekhy – Chief Executive Officer of KPMG in India
- Rohan Mehra – Actor, Model.
- Sabyasachi Chakrabarty – Actor
- Sheeba Chadha – Actress
- Shiney Ahuja – Actor
- Subhash Saini – NASA scientist
- Susmit Sen – musician, Indian Ocean
- Tarsem Singh – Hollywood Director
- Vijay Kumar Malhotra – Politician BJP Indian Political Party
- Vinod Dua – Eminent Journalist
- Sushil Kumar (biologist), Geneticist and Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize recipient
- V. K. Dadhwal, ISRO scientist Harsh Sambher (writer and trainer)
- Sanjay Sapru , Regional Director - South Asia at Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise (Business Leader )
- St. Stephen's College, Delhi
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai, University of Madras
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Jai Hind College, University of Mumbai, Mumbai
- St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
- Hansraj College, Official website
- Cite error: The named reference
hansraj_college.co.inwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- http://www.hansrajcollege.co.in/aboutus.htm. Missing or empty
- "Best Commerce Colleges in India, 2010 - | Photo20 | India Today |". Indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Best Arts Colleges in India, 2010 - | Photo6 | India Today |". Indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- "Best Science Colleges in India, 2010 - | Photo17 | India Today |". Indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/events/delhi/-Hans-Raj-to-be-the-first-college-in-DU-to-hoist-the-national-flag/articleshow/53476354.cms. Missing or empty
- "Monumental Flagpole in Hansraj College - | Photo17 | India Today |". The Times Of India. Retrieved 2017-01-25.
- "DU's Hansraj sets up 5 centres offering skill-based courses".
- "HARITIMA: THE ENVIRONMENT AWARENESS SOCIETY OF HANSRAJ COLLEGE| Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Neenv, Human Resource Development Cell, Hansraj College | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-10-09.
- "Shah Rukh Khan collects graduation degree, 28 years later".
- "Fourteenth Lok Sabha: Members Bioprofile". Lok Sabha. Retrieved 2014-05-28.
- Aasheesh Sharma (January 16, 2016). ""If people remember my characters more than my name, it's my success as an actor," says Pavan Malhotra". Hindustan Times, Brunch. Retrieved 2016-01-17.
- "Richard did his B.Com from Hansraj College and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in the year 1983".