Hansraj Gangaram Ahir
|Minister of State Ministry of Home Affairs|
|Assumed office |
9 November 2014
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Preceded by||Srikant Kumar Jena|
|Member of Parliament|
2004 - 2019
|Member of Parliament|
1996 - 1998
|Preceded by||Shantaram Potdukhe|
|Succeeded by||Nareshkumar Chunnalal Puglia|
|Born||Hansraj Gangaram Ahir|
11 November 1954
Nanded, Bombay State, India
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Children||Raghuveer Ahir, Shyam Ahir, Sanjivan Ahir|
|As of 16 September, 2006|
Hansraj Ahir (Popularly Known Hansraj Bhaiya) is a member of the 16th Lok Sabha of India. He is currently MoS Home Affairs. He was member of 11th Lok Sabha, 14th Lok Sabha, 15th Lok Sabha. He is famous for exposing Coal Mining Scam specially pouni-3 in wcl . Ahir frequently requested details of coal mining to Prime Minister of India office but he didn't succeed. Finally he (along with Prakash Javadekar) requested Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) for an inquiry. Based on this, CVC ordered a CBI inquiry.
He has been honoured with Sansad Ratna Award in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
Representative of people
He represents the Chandrapur constituency of Maharashtra 4th time from Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). He has been re-elected from the Chandrapur Lok Sabha Constituency as a member of the 15th Lok Sabha, the results of which were declared on 16 May 2009. In the 14th Lok Sabha, then Speaker Somnath Chatterjee had hailed Hansraj Gangaram Ahir, member of BJP from Chandrapur in Maharashtra as Role-Model for MP's.
Prime Point Foundation (PPF) has rated BJP MP from Chandrapur, Hansraj Ahir as the best parliamentarian for introduction of 24 private bills out of a total of 288 bills that were introduced so far in the 15th Lok Sabha and Shri Ahir was felicitated with Sansad Ratna Award. Because of his workaholic nature, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave him a position in his cabinet as the Minister of State for Chemical & Fertilizers.
- 2004 Member, Committee on Coal & Steel
- 2004 Member, Committee on Food Management in Parliament House Complex
- 2004 Member, Committee on Agriculture
- 2 Jan. 2006 Member, Joint Parliamentary Committee on Wakf
- 5 Aug. 2007 Member, Standing Committee on Coal and Steel
- 31 Aug. 2009 Member, Committee on Coal and Steel
- 23 Sep. 2009 Member, Committee on Privileges
- 15 Mar. 2010 Member, Railway Convention Committee
- 1 May 2013 Member, Committee on Public Undertakings
- 3 May 2013 Member, Committee on Welfare of Other Backward Classes (OBCs)
- 13 June 2014 onwards Member, Business Advisory Committee
- 1 Sep. 2014 - 9 Nov. 2014 Chairperson, Standing Committee on Coal and Steel
- Tobacco Board;
- Panchayati Raj Samiti;
- Rojgar Hami Yojana;
- Bhatkya Vimukta Jati Ashram Shala Samiti
- District President, Chandrapur in maharashtra state .
- Member, Maharashtra Legislative Council - 1994 to 1996
- 1996 First Elected to 11th Lok Sabha
- 2004 Re-elected to 14th Lok Sabha (2nd term)
- 2009 Re-elected to 15th Lok Sabha (3rd term)
- 2014 Re-elected to 16th Lok Sabha (4th term)
Countries Visited as Delegate Member
- With Hon. President of India visited countries Sweden, Belarus and Minsk
- Mauritius, South Africa and U.A.E as Members of Parliament
- "CVC asks CBI to probe alleged coal scam despite UPA govt's attempt to brush it under the carpet". 31 May 2012. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- "CVC Refers Coal Block Allocation Case to CBI". Outlook India. 31 May 2012. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- http://eciresults.nic.in/Results.htm 15th Lok Sabha Election Results
- Sansad Ratna Award
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hansraj Gangaram Ahir.|