|Possible time of origin||4,500 years|
|Possible place of origin||Central Europe|
R1b-L21 is known like the haplogroup belonging to the Celts, was migrated to Western Europe during the Bronze Age, populating vast regions of what is now France, the United Kingdom and Ireland. Including also the Low Countries. It has its origin in the region of Central Europe, related to Beaker culture.
- Y-DNA Haplogroup R and its Subclades - 2018, International Society of Genetic Genealogy
- DNA vs Irish Annals (PDF), Brad Larkin
- Haplogroup R1b (Y-DNA), Eupedia
- Arrival of Beaker folk changed Britain for ever, ancient DNA study shows, The Guardian
- Genetic history of the Benelux & France, Eupedia