Hapoel Gilboa Galil
|Altshuler Shaham Gilboa Galil|
|Arena||Gan Ner Sports Hall|
|Location||Gan Ner, Israel|
|Team colors||Red and White|
|Head coach||Ariel bet Halachmi|
|Championships||1 Israeli Championships
2 Israeli State Cups
2 Balkan League
Hapoel Gilboa Galil (Hebrew: הפועל גלבוע גליל) is a professional basketball club that is based in north-east Israel. The club plays its home Ligat HaAl games in a 2,500-seat stadium in Gan Ner, and is coached by Ariel bet Halachmi.
The club was founded in 2008 by a merger of Hapoel Gilboa (which had previously been merged with Hapoel Afula, who regained their independence) and Hapoel Galil Elyon. The club took Hapoel Galil Elyon's place in the Super League, the top division of Israeli basketball. The merger agreement had originally been to play 70% of the club's home domestic league games in Gan Ner and 30% of their home domestic league games in Hapoel Galil Elyon's arena in Kfar Blum, but most of the club's home domestic league games are played in Gan Ner.
In May 2010, Hapoel Gilboa Galil won the Israeli Championship, after defeating the defending champions Maccabi Tel Aviv, by a score of 90–77 in the finals of the playoffs.
Note: Flags indicate national team eligibility at FIBA sanctioned events. Players may hold other non-FIBA nationality not displayed.
|Altshuler Shaham Gilboa Galil roster|
- Israeli Championships
- State Cup
- Winners (2): 1988, 1992
- Runners-up (3): 1987, 1990, 1998
- Balkan League
- To appear in this section a player must have either:
- Set a club record or won an individual award as a professional player.
- Played at least one official international match for his senior national team or one NBA game at any time.
- The demise of Galil Elyon / 'And here, friends, once played a basketball team' Haaretz, 15 June 2008.
- Club website (Hebrew)