Happier (social network)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||United States (2012)|
|Founder||Nataly Kogan, Sarah Wohl, Colin Plamondon|
|Headquarters||Boston, MA, United States|
|Nataly Kogan, CEO
Colin Plamondon, Product
Yoav Shapira, CTO
Happier is a social network focused in collecting and sharing happy moments with other users.
Happier is a software company whose purpose to help its users be happier. It has been called "a social network dedicated to happy moments." The company is founded on scientific research that shows focusing on the positive and sharing good things with people someone cares about makes the users happier, healthier, and more productive.
The company raised a $2.4M seed round of capital in 2012 (and 2013) from two investors: Venrock Partners and Resolute VC, and launched its initial product, an iPhone mobile application, on February 7, 2013.
Users can freely download the application from Apple's App Store. They are prompted with a question of "What makes you happier?" and use the application to record "happy moments" of their own choosing.
According to VentureFizz, a part of the team's approach is to place a premium on design, in order to make the application user-friendly and intuitive, trying to "make every design element help the user feel happier."
The company has also been noted for its innovative culture, particularly its midweek "Happier Hour" break from work.
- "A Social Network Dedicated to Happy Moments". New York Times. Retrieved August 25, 2013.
- "Happier - About Us". Happier.com. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- "Portfolio Venrock". Venrock. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- "Resolute.vc". Crunchbase. Retrieved August 25, 2013.
- "Happier Launches To Help You Share Your Daily Happy Moments". TechCrunch. February 7, 2013. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- "The Business of Happiness: This Boston Startup Has an App to Make You Appreciate the Here & Now". BostInno. February 25, 2013. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- "Happier's App is your Happiness Assistant". VentureFizz. February 26, 2013. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- Weatherby, Colin (April 24, 2013). "Great Moments in Company Culture: How Happier Avoids the Midweek Slump". Fast Company. Retrieved April 24, 2013.