Cover for the First DVD Volume released by Marvelous AQL, featuring the 4 main Cures and their fairy mascots.
(Hapinesu Chāji Purikyua!)
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Tatsuya Nagamine|
|Produced by||Shigehaki Dohi|
|Written by||Yoshimi Narita|
|Music by||Hiroshi Takaki|
|Original network||ANN (ABC)|
|Original run||February 2, 2014 – January 25, 2015|
|Written by||Izumi Todo|
|Illustrated by||Futago Kamikita|
|Original run||March 2014 – February 2015|
|HappinessCharge PreCure! Kawarun Collection|
|Developer||Bandai Namco Games|
|Publisher||Bandai Namco Games|
|Released||July 31, 2014|
|HappinessCharge PreCure! the Movie: The Ballerina of the Land of Dolls|
|Directed by||Tatsuya Nagamine|
|Released||October 11, 2014|
HappinessCharge PreCure! (ハピネスチャージプリキュア! HapinesuChāji PuriKyua!), also called HappinessCharge Pretty Cure! is a 2014 Japanese magical girl anime series produced by Toei Animation, and the eleventh installment in Izumi Todo's Pretty Cure metaseries, released to celebrate its 10th anniversary. It is directed by Tatsuya Nagamine, who previously directed HeartCatch PreCure!, and written by Yoshimi Narita, who wrote for Yes! PreCure 5, with character designs from Masayuki Sato of Air Gear. It began airing in Japan from February 2, 2014 to January 25, 2015, succeeding DokiDoki! Precure in its initial timeslot. The series' main theme is love, with the Cures' motifs are fashion styles and dance moves. It features trading cards, mirrors, and changing forms as important key elements. It was then succeeded by Go! Princess PreCure on February 1, 2015.
- 1 Plot
- 2 Characters
- 3 Production
- 4 Media
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The ruler of the evil Phantom Empire (幻影帝国 Gen'ei Teikoku), Queen Mirage, begins her invasion on Earth using an army of Choiarks and powerful monsters called Saiarks. All across the world, Pretty Cures are dispatched to fight against the Phantom Empire threat. Hime Shirayuki, a princess from the Blue Sky Kingdom (ブルースカイ王国 Burū Sukai Ōkoku), which was taken over by the Phantom Empire, joins the fight as a Pretty Cure named Cure Princess, but always finds herself running away scared.
Given a Crystal of Love by the Spirit of Earth, Blue, and told to seek out a partner to fight alongside her, Hime goes to the city of Pikarigaoka (ぴかりが丘) and randomly throws the crystal in the air, deciding to partner up with whoever it lands upon. This person turns out to be Megumi Aino, a kind-hearted girl always looking to help others, who is recruited by Hime to fight by her side as Cure Lovely. Using the power of the Pretty Cards and their changing forms, alongside Cure Honey and Cure Fortune, they form the Happiness Charge Pretty Cure team as they are given the task to collect all of the Pretty Cards and protect the Earth against the Phantom Empire.
HappinessCharge Pretty Cures
The Pretty Cures are legendary Warriors of Light who are chosen to protect the Earth from evil threats. Each of these Cures were assigned to different parts of the globe in order to fend off against the Phantom Empire one by one. The Pretty Cures chosen by Blue uses a special transformation item called the Pretty Change Mirror (プリチェンミラー PuriChen Mirā), which uses special cards called PreCards (プリカード PuriKādo) to transform, along with the phrase, "Pretty Cure Rolling Mirror Change!" (プリキュアくるりんミラーチェンジ! Purikyua Kururin Mirā Chenji!). Cure Fortune, on the other hand, uses the Fortune Piano (フォーチュンピアノ Fōchun Piano) to transform, using the phrase, "Pretty Cure Shining Star Symphony!" (プリキュアきらりんスターシンフォニー! Purikyua Kirarin Sutā Shinfonī!). In addition to transformation, the PreCards can also be used to change outfits both in and outside of battle, offering new powers or abilities, and are said to grant wishes to whoever gathers enough of them.
HappinessCharge Pretty Cure, the protagonist team of this story, consist of the four Cures that are currently active in Pikarigaoka City from Japan. Cure Lovely and Cure Princess are armed with the LovePreBrace (ラブプリブレス RabuPuriBuresu), which allows them to create their own attacks. Cure Honey uses the Triple Dance Honey Baton (トリプルダンスハニーバトン Toripuru Dansu Hanī Baton) to attack while Cure Fortune, who previously used the Love PreBrace, uses the Fortune Tambourine (フォーチュンタンバリン Fōchun Tanborin). They also can use the Shining Make Dresser, the Axia's true form in order to execute their group finishing attack. In addition to the attack items and main forms, the Cures can also undergo another transformation, called Innocent Form through the power of the special PreCards. However to activate this form, each Cure must have a reason to protect someone they cherish deeply; as it is the only way to unlock the said PreCards.
Together, they introduce themselves as "Infused with happiness! Charged with glee! HappinessCharge Pretty Cure!" (ハピネス注入! 幸せチャージ! ハピネスチャージプリキュア! Hapinesu Chūnyū! Shiawase Chāji! HapinesuChāji Purikyua!)
- Megumi Aino (愛乃 めぐみ Aino Megumi) / Cure Lovely (キュアラブリー Kyua Raburī)
- Voiced by: Megumi Nakajima
- A 14-year-old student in her second year of Public Pikarigaoka Academy. Her redeeming features are her happy-go-lucky attitude and her smile. When people feel troubled or depressed, she unintentionally meddles in their issues. Though she is sometimes lacking in tact and her attempts at helping others often end in failure, she thoroughly looks to the positive and is skilled at seeing the good in people. She has an interest in cute fashion, but her fashion sense is not exactly the best. Her wish is to cure her sick mother, who influenced her to help others.
- Chosen by the Crystal of Love thrown by Hime, she transforms into the elegant Cure Lovely. As Cure Lovely, her dark magenta hair turns bright magenta and is tied into a ponytail. She uses the LovePreBrace to attack and alternate into alternate forms like Cherry Flamenco (チェリーフラメンコ Cherī Furamenko) that uses fire-based attacks, Lollipop Hiphop (ロリポップヒップホップ Roripoppu Hippuhoppu) that uses music-themed attacks, and her Innocent form. Megumi also obtain more powerful forms like her Innocent form, Super Happiness Lovely (スーパーハピネスラブリー Sūpā Hapinesu Raburī) during the events of the movie, and Forever Lovely (フォーエバーラブリー Fōebā Raburī) in the series finale.
- She introduces herself as "The big love spreading throughout the world! Cure Lovely!" (世界に広がるビッグな愛!キュアラブリー! Sekai ni hirogaru biggu na ai! Kyua Raburī!) and represents love. As Super Happiness Lovely, she introduced as "Infused with happiness! Charged with glee! Super Happiness Lovely!" (ハピネス注入, 幸せチャージ！スーパーハピネスラブリー! Hapinesu Chūnyū! Shiawase Chāji! Sūpā Hapinesu Raburī!) As Forever Lovely, she introduced herself as "The eternal love illuminating throughout the world! Forever Lovely!!" (世界に照らす永遠の愛！フォーエバーラブリー！！ Sekai ni terasu eien no ai! Fōebā Raburī!!) Her theme color is pink. And her other theme colors are red and yellow.
- Hime Shirayuki (白雪 ひめ Shirayuki Hime) / Cure Princess (キュアプリンセス Kyua Purinsesu)
- Voiced by: Megumi Han
- Born as Himelda Window, Cure Queen of the Blue Sky (ヒメルダ・ウィンドウ・キュアクイーン・オブ・ザ・ブルースカイ Himeruda Windō Kyua Kuīn Obu Za Burū Sukai), Hime is the 14-year-old princess of the Blue Sky Kingdom which was taken over by the Phantom Empire after Hime inadvertently released them from the Axia Box, which she claims is because she heard a sad voice from inside. She is rather selfish and spoiled, and is currently living with Blue and Ribbon in an embassy located in Pikarigaoka City. To rescue the Blue Sky Kingdom from the Phantom Empire, she became a Pretty Cure, though initially struggled because of how scared she gets. Because of her shyness, she had trouble making new friends, but after meeting Megumi and becoming partners with her, she starts to open up more and become more confident. Her wish is to restore her homeland, hoping to one day that she will atone for her mistake.
- In episode 25, she once develops a temporary crush on Seiji and worries about becoming a rival of Megumi, but she later founds out that she is happier to support Megumi and Seiji.
- As Cure Princess, her dark aqua hair becomes light blue and is tied into twin tails. She uses the LovePreBrace to attack and her alternate forms are Sherbet Ballet (シャーベットバレエ Shābetto Baree) and Macadamia Hula Dance (マカダミアフラダンス Makadamia Fura Dansu), and her Innocent form.
- She introduces herself as "The blue wind dancing in the sky! Cure Princess!" (天空に舞う蒼き風!キュアプリンセス! Tenkū ni mau aoki kaze! Kyua Purinsesu!) and represents courage. Her theme color is blue. And her other theme colors are purple and green.
- Yuuko Omori (大森 ゆうこ Ōmori Yūko) / Cure Honey (キュアハニー Kyua Hanī)
- Voiced by: Rina Kitagawa
- Megumi's classmate and best friend, who she nicknames "Yuyu". Coming from a bento shop family, she often practices cooking and enjoys tasting different kinds of food. She is also known for her homemade honey candy, which she gives to others to cheer them up. Her wish is to share delicious food with the people she cares about. She once had a dog and was inspired to cook food for the sake of people's happiness.
- In episode 10, she reveals herself to be the singing Pretty Cure, Cure Honey, who had received a Crystal of Love from Blue prior to the start of the series and first appeared in Pretty Cure All Stars New Stage 3: Eien no Tomodachi, officially joining the team in episode 11. As Cure Honey, her straight brown hair turns blond and is tied up in a ponytail. Her main weapon is the Triple Dance Honey Baton, which uses three modes; Microphone Mode for singing soothing melodies that put her enemies in a trance, Ribbon Mode which lets her tie up her opponents with ribbons, and Maracas Mode which lets her heal her allies. Her alternate forms are Popcorn Cheer (ポップコーンチア Poppukōn Chiā) and Coconuts Samba (ココナッツサンバ Kokonattsu Sanba), and her Innocent form.
- She introduces herself as "The light of life flourishing on the earth! Cure Honey!" (大地に実る命の光!キュアハニー! Daichi ni minoru inochi no hikari! Kyua Hanī!) and represents life. Her theme color is yellow. And her other theme colors are blue and orange.
- Iona Hikawa (氷川 いおな Hikawa Iona) / Cure Fortune (キュアフォーチュン Kyua Fōchun)
- Voiced by: Haruka Tomatsu
- A cool purple-haired girl from Megumi's neighboring class and the head apprentice of her grandfather, the master of "Hikawa Karate Dojo". She is known for her good academic performance in her school and her determination. Her wish is to become stronger so she can defeat Phantom and rescue her sister. Her arch-rival is Phantom.
- In the beginning of the story, she appears as a fierce Pretty Cure with a strong sense of duty and justice who works alongside her own fairy partner, Glasan. She is quite powerful and has excellent fighting abilities, though also shows a gentle side to citizens. Unlike the other Cures, who received their powers from Blue, Cure Fortune received her powers from her older sister, Maria as Cure Tender, who has been defeated by Phantom and trapped inside a mirror.
- Having generally resolved to fight on her own in her pursuit of Phantom, she slowly warms up to Megumi's words of teamwork and eventually reveals her identity to the group in episode 19. Iona initially held a strong grudge against Hime for releasing the Phantom Empire from their prison at first. During a battle with Phantom, she loses her PreCards she got from Maria, along with her ability to transform. However, after Hime apologises and gives her her own PreCards to fill her PreCard File, Iona uses her wish to gain the power to transform again, making up with Hime and officially joining the group afterwards. Her transformation device is the Fortune Piano whilst her main weapon is the Fortune Tambourine. Her alternate forms are Anmitsu Komachi (あんみつこまち Anmitsu Komachi) and Pine Arabian (パインアラビアン Pain Arabian), and her Innocent form.
- She introduces herself as "The star of hope that glitters in the night sky! Cure Fortune!" (夜空にきらめく希望の星!キュアフォーチュン! Yozora ni kirameku kibō no hoshi, Kyua Fōchun!) and represents hope. Her theme color is purple. And her other theme colors are turquoise and pink.
Blue Sky Kingdom
- Ribbon (リボン Ribon)
- Voiced by: Naoko Matsui
- Hime's mediator, who comes to Japan along with her, serving as fairy partner for Megumi, Hime, and Yuko. Despite her cute appearance, she is silver-tongued and much more gutsy than Hime. She has the ability to convert the positive feelings of those freed from the Phantom Empire's mirrors into PreCards. She often ends her sentences with "desu wa", "deshita wa", "masu wa" or "mashita wa".
- Glasan (ぐらさん Gura-san)
- Voiced by: Miyuki Kobori
- Iona's fairy partner. Usually very calm like her partner, Glasan can convert positive feelings into PreCards for Iona to use. She often ends her sentences with "da ze". She speaks in a rebellious language.
- Blue (ブルー Burū)
- Voiced by: Shouma Yamamoto
- The spirit of Earth, resembling a handsome young man in celeste hair, who is often referred to as "God" (神様 Kami-sama). He travels to different countries in order to find candidates for new Pretty Cures, bestowing Crystals of Love onto them which grant them their powers. He usually survey the Pretty Cures inside the mirror world as well, using magic mirrors to see any trouble caused by the Phantom Empire. Originally staying in Blue Sky Kingdom for a long time, he comes to Japan along with Hime and Ribbon to watch them and their team battle against the Phantom Empire. Blue is later revealed to have a past with Queen Mirage when she was a Pretty Cure and unknowingly caused her descent into evil through Red, who is later revealed to be his estranged brother. After Red made his peace with him, Blue decides to leave earth in the Pretty Cures' hands as he decides to help restore Red's planet.
- King and Queen
- Hime's parents and rulers of the Blue Sky Kingdom, who were trapped in the mirrors along with the other denizens when the Phantom Empire invaded the Blue Sky Kingdom. After Mirage's defeat, they were released along with the other residents and reunited with Hime.
The Phantom Empire (幻影帝国 Gen'ei Teikoku) are the main antagonists of the series. Having conquered the Blue Sky Kingdom after being released from the Axia (アクシア Akushia) box by Hime, setting up their base of operations there, the Phantom Empire set their sights on Earth by having their Saiarks terraform the environment while replacing love and happiness with sorrow and misfortune. It is eventually revealed that they were being used by Deep Mirror, who used Mirage as a bewitched figurehead to act through before she is purified. Red then proceeds to summon the Red Planet in a plot to conquer the world with his armies of Saiarks, only to repent once defeated.
- Red (レッド Reddo) / Deep Mirror (ディープミラー Dīpumirā)
- Voiced by: Kazuhiko Inoue
- The true main antagonist of the series and the ruler of the Phantom Empire, Red is a spirit who once oversaw the Red Planet. But after the Red Planet's people died out, Red became hateful and made his goal to turn the world under the protection of his brother Blue into a place of chaos by anger and hatred. Red assumed the alias of Deep Mirror for most of the series, appearing as a silhouette within a mirror. While he presents himself as Queen Mirage's advisor and often give orders to the commanders, his true role in the Phantom Empire is revealed when he intervened to stop the commanders from being purified and he influenced Mirage further through her love-spurred anger towards Blue before she is eventually purified. This forces Red to take a more active approach in destroying the Pretty Cures, using Seiji as his new servant while summoning the red planet for a worldwide attack. But after losing his follower, Red personally battles the Pretty Cures before being defeated Megumi as Forever Lovely. After his defeat, Red finally reconciles with Blue and decides to restore his planet to its past glory with the aid of his brother and Mirage. He is based on the Magic Mirror from Snow White.
- Queen Mirage (クイーン・ミラージュ Kuīn Mirāju) / Cure Mirage (キュアミラージュ Kyua Mirāju)
- Voiced by: Mariko Kouda
- The primary main antagonist for most of the series and the empress of the Phantom Empire, resembling a butterfly and wields a staff, Queen Mirage detests loves and happiness. In reality, as the Pretty Cures learn, Mirage was actually a shrine maiden of Pikarigaoka who met Blue 300 years ago and developed feelings for him as she fought by his side as Cure Mirage. But after Blue left her, Mirage fell under the influence of Red and ended up in her current state through the entity augmenting her anger towards Blue. Her Saiarks creates fog and utter chaos. The Cures eventually managed to defeat Mirage and restore her to her original form in episode 43. In episode 48, she transforms into Cure Mirage again to help the other Pretty Cures in stopping Red's invasion. She later decides to accompany Blue in their quest to rebuild Red's planet. Mirage's motif is based on Kyary Pamyu Pamyu's costume worn in the promotional video of Tsukematsukeru.
They serve as Mirage's elite minions. Each of the commanders' environment depending which Saiarks they created. Namakeruda, Hosshiiwa and Oresky form into the group called Oresky Trio (オレスキートリオ Oresuki Torio), while Phantom and Momere are sole commanders. They have the powers to trap people into the mirror and create Saiarks, which took away their love and happiness.
- Namakelder (ナマケルダ Namakeruda)
- Voiced by: Tetsuo Kanao
- One of the three Phantom Empire's main commanders, he appears as a smartly and intelligent dressed but lazy man who has grasshopper's antennae coming out of his hat and holding a cane. His Saiarks spread mold everywhere and also immuned to Cure Honey's song. In episode 29, he almost become good but he was snapped by Deep Mirror. He was fully purified by Cure Princess during the final battle. Namakelder's name is based on the word namakeru (怠ける, "to laze around") and his motif is based on the grasshopper from the fable The Ant and the Grasshopper. In finale, he along with Hosshiiwa and Oresky were reborn. He is shown to be a businessman in episode 49 and his last name is revealed to be Namase (生瀬) .
- Hoshiewa (ホッシーワ Hosshīwa)
- Voiced by: Akemi Okamura
- One of the three Phantom Empire's main commanders, she appears as a selfish and wealthy lady with an apple-shaped head and umbrella who desires many things. Her Saiarks turn the environment into sweets food and desserts. In episode 29, she almost become good but she was snapped by Deep Mirror. She was fully purified by Cure Honey during the final battle. Hoshiewa's name is based on the word hoshii (欲しい, "desired") and her motif is based on Marie Antoinette. In the finale, she along with Namakeruda and Oresky were reborn. She is shown to be a kindergarten teacher in episode 49 and her name is revealed to be Hoshi.
- Oresky (オレスキー Oresukī)
- Voiced by: Takehito Koyasu
- One of the three Phantom Empire's main commanders, he appears as a strict and egotistical militant who wears a Saiark's glasses shaped on his hat. His Saiarks turn the environment into barrens wastelands and sometimes it will creates dark clouds. In episode 29, he almost become good but he was snapped by Deep Mirror. He was fully purified by Cure Fortune during the final battle. Oresky's name is based on the phrase ore suki (俺好き, "I like it") with his motif based on Ranba Ral from Mobile Suit Gundam. In the finale, he along with Namakeruda and Hosshiiwa were reborn. He is now a policeman in Pikarigaoka and is seen helping Mitsuya in episode 49.
- Phanphan (ファンファン Fanfan) /Phantom (ファントム Fantomu) /Cure Unlovely (キュアンラブリー Kyua Anraburī)
- Voiced by: Hirofumi Nojima
- Phanphan is Cure Mirage's fairy partner similar to Ribbon and Glassan. But while Mirage was under the influence of Red, Phanphan transformed into a human version of himself and came to be known as Phantom. A youthful swordsman in a white coat and has a gauntlet on his left arm, Phantom gained notoriety as the Pretty Cure Hunter (プリキュアハンター Purikyua Hantā) as he defeated many Pretty Cures and sealed them away in mirrors where they would be trapped unless he is killed. His Saiarks turn the environment into amethyst mines and crystal. Phantom also holds a strong grudge against Blue for breaking Mirage's heart and intends to destroy anyone he sees as harmful to his mistress. Phantom accepts Cure Fortune as his arch-rival as he targets her and the other Pikarigaoka Pretty Cures, once using his powers to absorb Megumi's shadow to become the female Cure Unlovely. Eventually, after the Pretty Cures treat his injuries after losing to him, Phantom begins to have second thoughts of them as Yuko allows him to return to Mirage's side. But Deep Mirror later influences Phantom to attack the Pretty Cures before they purify him to his original form. In episode 49, he chooses to stay with the Pretty Cures on earth and is now working in Yuko's father's Bento shop. His overall armament were inspired from Monster Hunter.
- Madam Momere (マダム・モメール Madamu・Momeiru)
- Voiced by: Kenji Hamada
- One of Phantom Empire's commanders, she appears as a flamboyant, cool-headed and charismatic bearded androgynous-like lady who wears lipstick and jewelry and dresses up like band. She enjoys seeing people argue among themselves and tells them to leave behind rather than helping each other. Her Saiarks turn the environment into frozen lands. Unlike the other commanders targeting Pikarigaoka, Momere is mostly assigned to conquer Hawaii and deal with the Aloha Pretty Cure duo.
- Saiark (サイアーク Saiāku)
- Voiced by: Takuya Masumoto
- The monsters of the series, which are distinguished by their sunglasses and scarves. They are summoned when a commanders of the Phantom Empire traps an innocent human within a dark mirror, reflecting their happiness into darkness and suffering. When they are defeated, the trapped human is freed and their positive feelings are converted by a fairy into PreCards. Their name is derived from the Japanese word saiaku (最悪, "worst"). While most Saiarks possess scarfs reflecting the member of the Phantom Empire who summoned them, Red possesses his own personal legions of red-colored Saiarks.
- Choiark (チョイアーク Choiāku)
- A group of underlings that work for the Phantom Empire, wearing black suits with white gloves and boots and red sunglasses. They never speak proper sentences but only say 'choi' and always take orders from the commanders. Their names are derived from the Japanese word choi (ちょい, "little"). They turn white when they get purified by a Pretty Cure's attack in their Form Change.
- Seiji Sagara (相楽 誠司 Sagara Seiji)
- Voiced by: Ryōsuke Kanemoto, Voiced by: Yayoi Sugaya (junior)
- Megumi's neighbor and classmate. A 14-year old boy who has been friends with Megumi since childhood and understands her strengths and weaknesses. He is an apprentice in the local "Hikawa Karate Dojo" (owned by Iona's family) and enjoys diligently training everyday. Though being somewhat popular among girls, claiming to have no romantic interest, Seiji secretly has feelings for Megumi. In fact, helping them after learning of Megumi being a Pretty Cure, Seiji kept his emotions bottled up as she failed to notice his feelings for her. It was because of the fact that Red managed to recruit Seiji to his side by having the boy consumed by his emotions and develop feelings of hatred and anger towards Megumi. During the final showdown, Megumi expresses her own feelings of love towards Seiji for everything he did for her and their friends so she and the others can free him from Red's influence. While fighting Red, he, along with Ribbon and Glasan were imprisoned into a mirror while protecting Megumi.
- Miyo Masuko (増子 美代 Masuko Miyo)
- Voiced by: Sachiko Kojima
- An eager reporter who hosts a TV show titled Pretty Cure Weekly, which reports news about Pretty Cures from around the world. Having been saved by a Pretty Cure in the past, she desired to become one herself and dedicated herself to learning everything about them. She comes to learn of the HappinessCharge Pretty Cure's identities after Megumi offers to help her become a Cure. Although she was given a Crystal of Love by Blue, it did not react to her, which Blue believes is because she already has a role in this world. She is based on the Yes! PreCure 5 character, Mika Masuko, and like that character, her name is a pun on "mass communication" (マスコミ masukomi).
- Kaori Aino (愛乃 かおり Aino Kaori)
- Voiced by: Kyōko Dounowaki
- Megumi's mother. She spends most of her time with Megumi whilst her husband is away on business trips. Despite having a weak body and constantly having to take medicine, she maintains a positive attitude and is the one who influenced Megumi to help others out.
- Masaru Aino (愛乃 勝 Aino Masaru)
- Voiced by: Teruaki Ogawa
- Megumi's father. Who was on a business trip while his wife spend time with Megumi.
- Mao Sagara (相楽 真央 Sagara Mao)
- Voiced by: Yayoi Sugaya
- Seiji's little sister, who is quite friendly with Megumi.
- Hiroko Sagara (相楽 ひろ子 Sagara Hiroko)
- Voiced by: Yukiko Iwai
- Seiji and Mao's mother. Her work as a courier leaves her little time with her children, who usually have dinner with the Ainos.
- Yoko Omori (大森 ようこ Ōmori Yōko)
- Voiced by: Mari Adachi
- Yuko's mother. She runs the bento shop "Omori Gohan" with her husband and two daughters.
- Takeo Omori (大森 たけお Ōmori Takeo)
- Voiced by: Satoshi Taki
- Yuko's father.
- Ai Omori (大森 あい Ōmori Ai)
- Voiced by: Asami Yano
- Yuko's elder sister.
- Yonezo Omori (大森 米蔵 Ōmori Yonezō), Ine Omori (大森 イネ Ōmori Ine)
- Voiced by: Shigeru Ushiyama, Mami Horikoshi
- Yuko's grandfather and grandmother. They live and grow rice in the nearby Pikari Mountain. Their rice is directly supplied to "Omori Gohan".
- Izumi (和泉 Izumi)
- Voiced by: Yayoi Sugaya
- Megumi's homeroom teacher, who is very capable of managing her students even if they can be a handful.
- Elena Shiina (椎名 えれな Shīna Erena), Kana Furuta (古田 かな Furuta Kana), Rei Takano (高野 れい Takano Rei), Rin Ishigami (石神 りん Ishigami Rin)
- Voiced by: Mami Ozaki, Asami Yano, Miki Hase, Miyuki Kobori
- Megumi's classmates.
- Kenta Yamazaki (山崎健太 Yamazaki Kenta)
- Voiced by: Tatsuhisa Suzuki
- Megumi, Hime, Yuko and Seiji's classmate and member of the baseball club, he usually has lowest test scores in their class.
- Kazumi (かずみ Kazumi)
- Voiced by: Ayumi Fujimura
- Megumi's classmate. A member of the karate club and Iona's fellow apprentice.
- Yuya Kaido (海藤裕哉 Kaidō Yūya)
- Voiced by: Kōki Uchiyama
- Seiji's classmate. Who becoming interest of Iona and want to date with her, but they have rough relationship.
Other Pretty Cures
Unlike previous seasons of the Pretty Cure franchise, this season is unique at having multiple Pretty Cure teams active at one time in addition to the main team. The earth god Blue has granted the power of Pretty Cure to girls all over the world in order to combat the global threat of the Phantom Empire. The Cure teams range from having one member to multiple members and operate in their own countries of origin, though some large countries, such as the United States, have multiple teams active over different areas. The Cure's outfits are all designed around the same standard theme but usually have regional variations based on the native culture. It is unclear how many Cures are active in total, but in episode 21, Phantom reveals that when he defeats a Cure and traps them in a mirror, he sends them to the Pretty Cure graveyard, where there were over one hundred defeated Cures. After Mirage's defeat, they were all released and return to their own world.
- Maria Hikawa (氷川 まりあ Hikawa Maria) / Cure Tender (キュアテンダー Kyua Tendā) / Dark Tender (ダークテンダー Dāku Tendā)
- Voiced by: Sanae Kobayashi
- Iona's older sister, who was defeated by Phantom whilst protecting Iona from his attack. After becoming trapped in a mirror by Phantom, her Pretty Change Mirror was taken by Iona, who used it to become Cure Fortune. Her disappearance is explained as being studying abroad to her close friends and family. Later, Mirage released her and manipulate her to fight her sister and the other Cures as Dark Tender. The Cures manage to saves her from Mirage's influence and she decides to go to America to visit her parents and help the other Cures. She later return to Pikarigaoka to defend it from Red's Saiarks along with the other Cures while the Happiness Charge Cures travel to red planet.
- Bomber Girls Pretty Cure (ボンバーガールズプリキュア Bonbā Gāruzu Purikyua)
- Voiced by: Miyuki Kobori, Mariko Kouda, Akemi Okamura
- America's Pretty Cure team, consisting of three Cures. The pink Cure has a curly blonde ponytail and wears a little hat. The blue Cure has red curly pigtails with a star hair accessory. The yellow Cure has loose silver hair with a brown headband and a feather in her hair. Their theme is the Wild West.
- Cure Earl (キュアアール Kyua Āru)
- Voiced by: Asami Yano
- The sole member of France's Pretty Cure team, Merci Pretty Cure (メルシィプリキュア Merushi Purikyua). She has long blonde hair in wormtails, and wears a pink hair accessory on her head. Her weapon is a giant paintbrush with a red ribbon.
- Wonderful Net Pretty Cure (ワンダフルネットプリキュア Wandafuru Netto Purikyua)
- India's Pretty Cure team, consisting of two Cures. The orange Cure has short orange hair tied up and a yellow head scarf, and wears a green jewel head accessory on her head. The green Cure has long up-tight green hair and a short white head scarf. She wears an orange jewel and a gold oval on her forehead and in her hair. Both Cures wear glasses in their Cure form. Their theme is technology.
- Alo~ha Pretty Cure (アロ～ハプリキュア Arōha Purikyua)
- Hawaii's Pretty Cure team, formed of twin sisters Ohana and Olina, who become Cure Sunset and Cure Wave respectively. Together, they introduce themselves as "The two lights sparkling in the southern lands! Alo~ha Pretty Cure!" (南国にかがやく２つの光! アロ～ハプリキュア! Nangoku ni kagayaku futatsu no hikari! Aro~ha Purikyua!)
- Ohana (オハナ) / Cure Sunset (キュアサンセット Kyua Sansetto)
- Voiced by: Hitomi Yoshida
- The elder twin of the Alo~ha Pretty Cure, who wields the power of the sun. As Cure Sunset, she introduces herself as "The red setting sun is a vow for tomorrow, Cure Sunset!" (赤い夕日は明日への誓い、キュアサンセット! Akai yūhi wa asu e no chikai, Kyua Sansetto!).
- Olina (オリナ Orina) / Cure Wave (キュアウェーブ Kyua Wēbu)
- Voiced by: Sayaka Nakaya
- The younger twin of the Alo~ha Pretty Cure, who wields the power of waves. As Cure Wave, she introduces herself as "The eternal melody of the rhythmic splashes, Cure Wave!" (よせては返す悠久の調べ、キュアウェーブ! Yosete wa kaesu yūkyū no shirabe, Kyua Wēbu!).
- Aloalo (アロアロ Aroaro)
- Voiced by: Seria Fukagawa
- Ohana and Olina's fairy partner. She ends her sentence with lolo.
Unidentified International Cures
Nothing is known about them besides their appearance and current location.
England's Pretty Cure team consists of only one known Cure, who is confirmed to be Cure Continental. Cure Continental has bright yellow hair held up with a blue bow, and blue eyes. She also wears white, spade-shaped earrings.Continental is defined as coming from or characteristic of mainland Europe or an inhabitant of mainland Europe.
Cure Katyusha is the only known Cure from Russia. She was seen in episode 14, being defeated by Phantom. Not much is known about her at the moment. Her Cure name, Katyusha, means a short form of the Russian name Ekaterina.
Australia's only Cure is known as Cure Southern Cross (キュアサザンクロス Kyua Sazan Kurosu). Her name most likely refers to the representation of the Southern Cross constellation on Australia's flag.
Italy has 2 Cures - Cure Gonna (キュアゴーンナ Kyua Gōn'na) and Cure Pantaloni (キュアパンタローニ Kyua Pantarōni), which means Cure Skirt and Cure Trousers. They are twins, both of them look the same and even have the same theme color as Cures. They have blonde-orange ponytails and orange eyes.
Cure Nile (キュアナイル Kyua Nairu) is the only known Cure from Africa, and is originated from Egypt. She has blue hair in a ponytail she has a crown that embraces her whole head with a blue gem and a yellowish transparent cloth is hanging. She has blue collar she has a black vest that has a white design, her vest is shorter that her stomach was seen and attached to her vest are long puffy sleeves, she white wears a skirt-like with a golden lining which forms a "V" and a yellow cloth is hanging in front she also has a transparent loose yellowish leggings, she has a yellow pair of sandals. Her attack is Nile Stream (ナイルストリーム Nairu Sutorīmu).
- Tsumugi Orihara (織原つむぎ Orihara Tsumugi)
- Voiced by: Yui Horie
- A girl whose wish is to become a ballerina dancer. She lost her legs' functionality by Black Fang and deceived her to stay in Doll Kingdom from Earth and he absorb her despair which to fuel his power.
- Prince Zeke (ジーク王子 Jiiku Ouji)
- Voiced by: Daisuke Ono
- A prince from Doll Kingdom. He is shown to have feelings for Tsumugi.
- Black Fang (ブラックファング Burakku Fangu)
- Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa
- The main antagonist of the film and Phantom Empire's elite commander. A demonic man who created Doll Kingdom to deceived Tsumugi for staying there forever from Earth. He used Tsumugi's despair to fuel his power to take over the Earth but he was defeated by Cure Lovely in her Super Happiness Lovely form.
- Funassyi (ふなっしー Funasshī)
- Voiced by: Himself
- A yellow mascot.
The series was first filed by Toei in the Japan Patent Office for a variety of goods on October 2, 2013 and made public on October 24, 2013. In an issue of Nikkan Sports' PreCure Shimbun newspaper, Dokidoki! PreCure's producer, Hiroaki Shibata, confirmed the series and series writer Ryota Yamaguchi confirmed Dokidoki! PreCure's 49 episode run and that HappinessCharge Precure! will air in the beginning of February, 2014. The project was then officially revealed in the January 2014 issue of Kodansha's Tanoshi Yochien Magazine. The anime's form changing is also used in the ending and will make use of advanced 3D/CGI graphics and motion capture, which is used in the previous series' dancing ending videos.
On January 3, 2014, Megumi Nakajima of Macross Frontier fame announced she will voice the series' main character, Megumi Aino. She stated that Pretty Cure was something she has adored for a long time, so it was like a dream to be allowed to star in it herself. It is the first time she took another lead anime role after announcing her indefinite hiatus from her music career at the end of March 2014. A day later, the first commercial for the series was aired at the end of episode 46 in DokiDoki PreCure!, showcasing Cure Lovely and Cure Princess' transformations. On January 26, the trailer for the first episode is aired at the end of the final episode in DokiDoki PreCure!.
The series began airing on ABC and other ANN stations from February 2, 2014, replacing DokiDoki! Precure in its initial timeslot with the Broadcasting System of San-in broadcasting on February 8, 2014. The first 34 episodes feature a special 10th anniversary message presented by one of the previous Pretty Cures in the franchise including the HappinessCharge Cures themselves. DVDs and Blu-rays of the series were released in volumes.
The main characters of the series also appeared in the film Pretty Cure All Stars New Stage 3: Eternal Friends on March 15, 2014. The movie's single and soundtrack was released three days prior to the movie's premiere.
A spinoff movie of the series has also been revealed, titled HappinessCharge PreCure! the Movie: The Ballerina of the Land of Dolls (映画ハピネスチャージプリキュア！人形の国のバレリーナ Eiga HapinesuChāji PuriKyua! Ningyō no kuni no barerīna) was released on October 11, 2014. The single and soundtrack for the movie was released on October 8, 2014 along with the anime's second ending theme single.
The series uses three pieces of theme music, one opening theme and two ending themes. The opening theme is "HappinessCharge PreCure! WOW!" (ハピネスチャージプリキュア!WOW! Hapinesu Chāji Purikyua! WOW!) by former AKB48 member Sayaka Nakaya. The ending theme for the first 26 episodes is "PreCure Memory" (プリキュア・メモリ Purikyua Memori) by Hitomi Yoshida, whilst the theme for episode 27-49 is "Party Has Come" (パーティ ハズカム Pāti Hazukamu) by Yoshida. The single containing both songs was released by Marvelous AQL (later, Marvelous Inc.) on March 5, 2014. All of the theme songs are composed by Yasuo Kosugi except for Party Has Come, which is by Hizashi, and the background music is by Hiroshi Takaki, who previously composed DokiDoki! Precure's background music. The first original soundtrack was released on May 21, 2014 with the title PreCure Sound Charge!! Also, the first vocal album was released on July 23, 2014 with the title Hello! Happiness Friends! featuring songs performed by the main characters of the anime along with the theme songs. On October 8, 2014, the single for the anime's second ending theme was released. The anime's second official soundtrack was released on November 5, 2014 with the title Precure Sound Big Bang!! Also, the second vocal album was released on November 19, 2014 with the title Shining ☆ Happiness Party. In addition, a vocal best album was released on January 14, 2015.
The Pretty Cures debuted in HappinessCharge PreCure! are added in the new update of the Pretty Cure All Stars Data Carddass arcade game in February 2014. This update includes compatibility with the collectible PreCards. A video game based on the series, titled HappinessCharge Precure! Kawarun Collection (ハピネスチャージプリキュア! カワルン☆コレクション), developed by Bandai Namco Games was released on the Nintendo 3DS on July 31, 2014. The game features all the Pretty Cures from previous series, with early editions including a download code to unlock all the Cures from the start and three exclusive PreCards.
Throughout the anime's run, merchandise will be released including watches, weapons, transformation items, cards, bags and many more. Most of them is by Bandai, the sponsor of the series. Special PreCards will also be released during the anime's course, beginning with promotional cards included in McDonald's Happy Meals in January 2014.
- "プリキュア：最新作は「ハピネスチャージ」シリーズは10周年に". MANTANWEB （まんたんウェブ）. 2013-11-28. Retrieved 2013-11-28.
- "プリキュアシリーズ10周年、新作で「ハピネス注入！」 (長峯達也) ニュース-ORICON STYLE". Oricon. December 26, 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- Nakayoshi January 2014 issue, Kodansha
- "「ハピネスチャージプリキュア！」！！｜こぼぶろぐ。". Ameblo.jp. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
- Shouma Yamamoto (2014-01-17). "☆最新出演情報☆". Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- Mariko Koda (2014-01-20). "新番組ハピネスチャージプリキュア！にクイーンミラージュ役で出演します". Retrieved 2014-01-21.
- Animage, September 2014 Issue
- Nakayoshi February 2014 issue, Kodansha
- "Happiness Charge Precure! Trademark Filed". 2013-10-24. Retrieved 2013-10-25.
- "Producer: Dokidoki! Precure Anime to End by the End of the Year". 2013-10-21. Retrieved 2013-10-27.
- "Dokidoki! Precure Head Writer: Anime Will Be 49 Episodes Long". 2013-10-21. Retrieved 2013-10-27.
- "Last Precure All Stars New Stage Film to Open in March". 2013-10-26. Retrieved 2013-10-27.
- "HappinessCharge Precure! Unveiled as New Precure Project". 2013-11-26. Retrieved 2013-12-17.
- Otonafami, March 2014 Issue, Page 87, Kadokawa Shoten
- "Megumi Nakajima, Megumi Han Star in HappinessCharge Precure". 2014-01-03. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- 2014年01月04日 06時00分. "中島愛、潘めぐみ…『ハピネスチャージプリキュア！』に全力注入 キャスト発表 ニュース-ORICON STYLE". Oricon.co.jp. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- "まめぐめも". Stblog.stardust-web.net. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- "Macross Frontier's Megumi Nakajima Goes on Hiatus From Music". 2013-12-01. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "HappinessCharge Precure's 1st Ad Showcases New Heroines". 2014-01-04. Retrieved 2014-01-05.
- "1st HappinessCharge Precure! Episode Previewed in Video". 2014-01-26. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
- "33 Magical Girls Star in Weekly HappinessCharge Precure! Shorts". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2014-01-18.
- "Last Precure All Stars New Stage Film Previewed in 1st Ad - News". Anime News Network. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- "「映画 プリキュアオールスターズ」最新作の予告で総勢36人大集合！ : 映画ニュース - 映画.com". Eiga.com. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- "HappinessCharge Precure Film's Setting, Date, Title Unveiled". Anime News Network. 2014-06-30. Retrieved 2014-07-01.
- 「映画ハピネスチャージプリキュア！人形の国のバレリーナ」10月11日公開決定 7月19日前売り発売 (in Japanese). Anime! Anime!. 2014-06-30. Retrieved 2014-07-01.
- "プリキュア：主題歌に元AKB48の仲谷明香 目標へ前進 - MANTANWEB（まんたんウェブ）" (in Japanese). Mantan-web.jp. 2013-12-27. Retrieved 2014-01-13.
- "「ハピネスチャージプリキュア！」が1月のマクドナルド"ハッピーセット"に早くも登場 | アニメ！アニメ！". Animeanime.jp. Retrieved 2014-01-26.
- Official website at Toei Animation ‹See Tfd›(in Japanese)
- Official website at Asahi Broadcasting Corporation ‹See Tfd›(in Japanese)
- HappinessCharge PreCure! (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
Glitter Force Doki Doki
| Pretty Cure
Go! Princess PreCure