Happy Husbands (2010 film)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Saji Surendran|
|Produced by||Milan Jaleel|
|Screenplay by||Krishna Poojappura|
|Story by||Sakthi Chidambaram|
|Music by||M. Jayachandran|
|Distributed by||Anantha Vision|
Happy Husbands is a 2010 Indian Malayalam-language comedy film directed by Saji Surendran and written by Krishna Poojappura. It is an official remake of the 2002 Tamil film Charlie Chaplin. The film stars Jayaram, Jayasurya, Indrajith Sukumaran, Samvrutha Sunil, Bhavana, Rima Kallingal, Vandana Menon, and Suraj Venjaramoodu.
Mukundan Menon (Jayaram) runs a newspaper called Kerala Today. He is a normal husband who loves his wife Krishnendu (Bhavana) a lot, but she is too possessive about him. She thinks he is not very expressive about his feelings, and is always worried that he might one day fall for some other beautiful girl.
John Mathai (Jayasurya) is a photographer in Mukundan's publication. He was neither interested in girls nor keen to get married until he met Sereena (Vandana).
Rahul (Indrajith) is just the opposite. He is extremely romantic and never comes home without some cute gifts for his wife, Shreya (Samvrutha Sunil). But she doesn't know that, behind her back, her darling husband is dying to flirt with every woman that he sees.
It is into the lives of these three couples that a bar singer, Diana (Rima Kallingal), arrives and things take some interesting turns. Diana is seeking to take revenge on Mukundan Menon since it was on his article in Kerala Today that the Maharashtra court took as a petition and then banned the bar girls in Maharashtra thus ruining Diana's profession.
Diana forcibly comes to Mukundan Menon's house one day with her evil intentions and that catches the eyes of Krishnendu. To escape from trouble, Mukundan Menon says that she is the wife of John. Later, when John, Mukundan and Rahul were talking about John's marriage proposal to Serena's dad, Diana comes there by accident and there Rahul says that she is Mukundan's wife and she is mentally imbalanced. So now Krishnendu and Shreya thinks Diana is John's wife and John's real wife Serneena believes that Diana is Mukundan's wife. At one time, all these people come together at Malaysia for a vacation and that leads to a lot of confusion among the wives and others. What happens next forms the rest of the story.
- Jayaram as Mukundhan Menon
- Indrajith Sukumaran as Rahul Vallyathan
- Jayasurya as John Mathai
- Bhavana as Krishnendu
- Samvrutha Sunil as Shreya
- Vandana Menon as Sereena
- Rima Kallingal as Diana Philip
- Suraj Venjaramood as Raj Boss (Rajappan)
- Salim Kumar as Satyapalan / Dharmapalan
- Maniyanpilla Raju as Pazhakutti Pavithran
- Mamukkoya as Pakshisatrakkaran
- T. P. Madhavan as Ret. Cornel
- Shaju as Pazhakutty's assistant
- Subi Suresh as Servant
- "Etho Poonilakalam" - Resmi Vijayan
- "Happy Husbands" - Indrajith, Anand Narayan, Achu Rajamani
- "Take It Easy" - Achu Rajamani
- "Mollywood and plagiarism". Sify.com. 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2013-10-29.
- "Kerala Box Office - Feb 1 to 15". Sify. 19 February 2010.
- "Kerala Box Office- Dec 2009 - Jan 2010". Sify. 11 February 2010.
- "Meera Jasmine survives gossips again!". The New Indian Express. 5 May 2010.
- "Friday Rushes". The Hindu. 17 September 2010.
- "Kerala Box-Office- March 1 to April 13". Sify. 15 April 2010.