Happy Valley Beijing
|Opened||July 9, 2006|
Happy Valley (Chinese: 北京欢乐谷) is an amusement park in Beijing built and operated by Beijing OCT (Chinese: 北京华侨城), which is part of the Overseas Chinese Town Company. The park is located in Chaoyang in eastern Beijing. Opened in July 2006, it is the second park of the Happy Valley theme park chain. The concept design and master plan for the park was created by Creative Kingdom China. Leisure Quest International (USA/China). Similar in style with the Disneyland Park, Happy Valley Beijing also features distinctive landscapes and themes throughout the resort along with featured rides within the different themes. In total there are more than 40 rides, 10 of which are extreme rides, an IMAX theater with seven screens as well as a shopping complex.
Happy Valley Beijing is composed of six themed areas, including Atlantis, Ant Kingdom, Aegean Sea, Firth Forest, Lost Maya, and Shangri-La. In total there are more than 40 rides (10 of which are extreme rides), an IMAX theater complex (with seven screens) as well as a shopping complex.
Atlantis is the focal point of the park with its towering Crystal City acting as the central portal. Its theme revolves around the discovery of the legendary lost city of Atlantis. Other themes include:
- Aegean Sea uses Greek culture, its history and mythology as its featuring theme.
- Lost Maya uses the lost civilization of the Maya empire as its backdrop theme.
- Shangri-La uses Tibetan and South Western China as its backdrop theme.
- Ant Kingdom uses fictional cartoon Ant characters as its backdrop theme.
|Crystal Wing||Steel – Flying||Bolliger & Mabillard||Flying Coaster – Superman||9 July 2006||
|Extreme Rusher||Steel – Launched||S&S Worldwide||Air-Launched Coaster||14 May 2011||
|Golden Wings in Snowfield||Steel – Inverted||Vekoma||Suspended Looping Coaster (Shenlin w/Helix)||9 July 2006||
|Harvest Time||Steel – Spinning – Wild Mouse||Zhongshan Golden Horse||Spinning Coaster (ZXC-24A)||9 July 2006||Removed|||
|Jungle Racing||Steel – Mine Train||Vekoma||Mine Train (785m)||9 July 2006||
|Music Roller Coaster||Steel||Bolliger & Mabillard||Hyper Coaster||2018||Unknown|||
|Family Inverted Coaster||Steel – Inverted||Bolliger & Mabillard||Family Inverted Coaster||2018||
Happy Valley Beijing features a mini train that encircles the outer rim of the park which offers scenic sights with one station located on the southeastern corner of the park adjacent to the park entrance.
Thematic Leisure Activities
- Maximal Exercise Festival
- Chinese Spring Festival
- Water-Splashing Festival
- International Magic Day
- Marden, Duane. "Crystal Wing (Happy Valley)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- Marden, Duane. "Extreme Rusher (Happy Valley)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- Marden, Duane. "Golden Wings in Snowfield (Happy Valley)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- Marden, Duane. "Harvest Time (Happy Valley)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- Marden, Duane. "Jungle Racing (Happy Valley)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- Marden, Duane. "Music Roller Coaster (Happy Valley)". Roller Coaster DataBase.
- Marden, Duane. "Family Inverted Coaster (Happy Valley Beijing)". Roller Coaster DataBase. Retrieved November 27, 2015.