Happy Wives Club
Paperback Cover of Happy Wives Club
|Published||January 7, 2014|
Happy Wives Club: One Woman's Worldwide Search For The Secrets Of A Great Marriage is a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling book written by American author Fawn Weaver. Released on January 7, 2014, Happy Wives Club debuted on the New York Times Nonfiction Paperback list at #3 in the January 26 edition of the New York Times Best Sellers List. Happy Wives Club chronicles the author’s journey through 12 countries and 6 continents in search of the universal secret to a happy marriage.
Happy Wives Club also serves as a community of more than 700,000 “happy wives.” The club’s website, HappyWivesClub.com, is an upbeat blog dedicated to positively changing the tone of marriage around the world. Weaver founded HappyWivesClub.com on February 4, 2010. It has attracted more than 5,000,000 visitors and was named the #1 marriage website by About.com for 2012 and 2013.
In 2010, Fawn was a hard-working businesswoman who loved her husband and cherished their marriage. As a happily married woman, she noticed a disturbing trend. Marriage and wives were caricatured in nearly every form of media, and marriage was getting a bad rap. Frustrated by the constant negative press, Fawn set out to prove all wives aren’t miserable, most husbands don’t cheat, and happy marriages do still exist. HappyWivesClub.com was born.
She began writing and posting her thoughts about marriage and shared them with a few friends and one of her sisters. They, then, shared them with friends and family members. The Happy Wives Club was established.
While publishing words of wisdom and appreciation for marriage, she set a challenge to build a community of 1,000,000 “happy wives” all over the world. After she began to build this community of women, she eventually traveled to 12 countries on six continents and interviewed couples or wives that had been married 25 years or more.
In Happy Wives Club, readers join Fawn on this exciting, exotic trip and meet everyday women whose marriage secrets span cultures. Walk the streets of Mauritius, the historic ruins in Italy, and the vistas of New Zealand and Australia and go from Cape Town to London, Manila to Buenos Aires, Winnipeg to Zagreb, while hearing their stories, witnessing their relationships, and enjoying newfound inspiration in marriage.
12 Secrets To A Happy Marriage
The book initially discusses the concept of happiness, and tells the reader that it is an internal choice, "not based on external circumstances" that, in relation to the 12 secrets, is vital to a healthy and happy marriage. The 12 secrets Weaver goes onto states are:
1. Mutual respect between the partners
2. No "Plan B"
4. Work as a team 
5. Establish a daily routine
6. Don't take your spouse and your marriage too serious
7. Start dating your partner again
8. Have interests separate from your partner and your marriage 
9. Believe in a higher power
10. Put your marriage before everything else 
11. Your partner should also be your best friend
12. Surround yourself with other positive couples and individuals
Priscilla Shirer, New York Times best-selling author of The Resolution for Women, praises the book, saying: “Let this stunning and captivating writer take you on a journey-an exploration around the world that ends up at a place far too few women have the sense enough to reach…a place called ‘Happy’.” 
Drs. Les and Leslie Parrott, #1 New York Times best-selling authors of Making Happy, loved the book: “Get ready for a global adventure-literally-where you will visit modern-day marvels of marriage done right. Fawn Weaver, your personal travel guide, is a master storyteller and pathfinder.” 
Doctor Lissa Rankin, author of Mind Over Medicine, states that the book "...is a wildflower spreading hope for the institution of marriage, not as a religious or political institution, but as the opportunity for two souls to evolve together...".
- "Best Sellers", New York Times, New York, 12 January 2014. Retrieved on 16 January 2014.
- "USA Today Best-Selling Books", USA Today
- "Bestsellers for the week ending Jan. 12", Newsday, Long Island, 16 January 2014. Retrieved on 16 January 2014.
- "Fawn Weaver", Global News, Canada, 6 May 2014. Retrieved on 13 June 2014.
- "How to make a good marriage great", Chicago Tribune, Chicago, 20 August 2013. Retrieved on 13 June 2014.
- "Worldwide Survey Reveals 6 Common Habits for Happy Marriage", ABC News, Los Angeles, 10 March 2014. Retrieved on 13 June 2014.
- Amazon.com "Happy Wives Club: One Woman's Worldwide Search for the Secrets of a Great Marriage", "Amazon", Retrieved on 31 January 2014.