|Look up haptic in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Haptics is any form of interaction involving touch.
From Ancient Greek ἁπτικός (haptikós, “able to come in contact with”), from ἅπτω (háptō, “I touch”).
It can mean:
- Haptic communication, the means by which people and other animals communicate via touching
- Haptic perception, the process of recognizing objects through touch
- Haptic poetry, a liminal art form combining characteristics of typography and sculpture
- Haptic technology, technology that interfaces with the user through the sense of touch
- Somatosensory system, the biology of sensory receptors
- Somatic, meaning relating to the body
- Tactile signing, method of deafblind communication
- All pages with a title containing Haptic
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Haptics.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.