Haqeeqat (TV series)
|Written by||Subodh Chopra & Sushma Bakshi|
|Directed by||Indraneel Goswami & Saurabh Narang|
|Presented by||Mahesh Bhatt|
|Country of origin||India|
|Running time||Approx. 35 minutes|
|Production company(s)||BAG Films|
|Original network||Sahara TV|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||June 12, 2001|
Haqeeqat is an Indian television docudrama series that aired on Sahara TV now as Sahara One based on the human rights violation either by police or common man against the common man. It scored the highest noted TRP of 8 points in Mumbai in 2001. The series premiered on June 12, 2001, and aired every Tuesday at 8:30pm IST.
Each story is presented by known Bollywood director-producer Mahesh Bhatt, and showcases true stories of atrocites on common man ranging from child abuse and labor, custodial torture, death, rape, dowry deaths, immoral traffic, domestic violence and inhuman atrocities.
Radio and TV Advertisers Practitioners Association (RAPA) Awards
- 27th RAPA Awards 2001: 'Best Direction'
- 28th RAPA Awards 2002
Indian Telly Awards
- Indian Telly Awards 2002: Saurabh Narang, 'Best Director' & 'Best Screenplay Writer'
- Hero Honda ITA Awards 2004: Geeta Nair, 'Best Actress'
Asian Television Awards
- 2002 Asian Television Awards: Haqeeqat: Long Format Docudrama
- 7 RCR (TV Series)
- Samvidhaan (TV Series)
- Satyamev Jayate (TV series)
- Pradhanmantri (TV Series)
- Television shows based on Indian history
- "Haqeeqat: Turning the Tables on Policemen". TribuneIndia: Sunday Spectrum. June 17, 2001.
- "Haqeeqat: Impressive TRPs". ScreenIndia. September 9, 2001.
- "Haqeeqat: Cover Story". ScreenIndia. June 22, 2001.
- "Reality bytes: Haqeeqat". TribuneIndia. March 24, 2002.