Harald Ettl, Brussel 2008.
Harald Ettl (born 7 December 1947 in Gleisdorf, Styria) is an Austrian politician and Member of the European Parliament. He is a member of the Social Democratic Party, which is part of the Party of European Socialists, and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Employment and Social Affairs.
He is also a substitute for the Committee on Economic and Monetary Affairs, a member of the delegation to the EU–Bulgaria Joint Parliamentary Committee, and a substitute for the delegation for relations with the Mashreq countries.
- 1968: Diploma from higher technical education institute
- 1969-1971: Technical employee
- 1971-1973: Trade union secretary
- Secretary-General (1973-1984) and President (1984-2000) of the Textile, Clothing and Leather Workers' Union
- since 2000: Vice-President of the Metal and Textile Union
- since 2004: Vice-President of the International Textile, Clothing and Leather Workers' Association
- 1978-1989: Vice-Chairman of the General Accident Insurance Institution (AUVA)
- 1978-1989: Chairman of the accident insurance committee, Main Association of Austrian Social Insurance Institutions
- 1987-1999: Chairman of the EU Committee, Austrian Federation of Trade Unions
- 1989-1992: Federal Minister for Health, the Public Service, Sport and Consumer Protection
- 1993-2001: Chairman of the Consumer Information Association
- 1995-1996: Member of the Economic and Social Committee of the European Communities
- 1996-2009: Member of the European Parliament