December 4, 1971 |
Harald Hoyer is a computer programmer and photographer, best known for developing the dracut initramfs generator and framework, the udev device manager of Linux, the systemd replacement for the System V init daemon and the Gummiboot EFI boot loader. Harald Hoyer also made various contributions to the Linux Kernel, starting 1997. In 2012, together with Kay Sievers Hoyer was the main driving force behind merging the /lib, /bin and /sbin file system trees into /usr in the Fedora distribution
He is employed by Red Hat, Inc.
Harald Hoyer resides in Vaterstetten, Germany.
- ^ a b c Harald Hoyer, Ohloh, retrieved 2012-10-08
- ^ Fabian, Scherschel, Gummiboot is an EFI boot loader that "just works", The H, archived from the original on 7 December 2013, retrieved 2012-10-08
- ^ Quake Masquerading Module, LKML.org, retrieved 2012-10-08
- ^ Brockmeier, Joe, The Ever-Changing Linux Filesystems: Merging Directories into /usr, retrieved 2012-10-08
- ^ a b Harald, Hoyer, About, retrieved 2013-12-23