Harald Motzki is a German-trained scholar of Islam who writes on the transmission of hadith. He received his PhD in Islamic Studies in 1978 from the University of Bonn. Currently he is Professor of Islamic Studies at Nijmegen University (Radboud Universitet Nijmegen) in the Netherlands.
- Christopher Melchert; Harald Motzki with Nicolet Boeckhoff-van der Voort and Sean Anthony, Analysing Muslim Traditions: Studies in Legal, Exegetical and Maghāzī Ḥadith. J Semit Stud 2012; 57 (2): 436. doi: 10.1093/jss/fgs020
- Analyzing Muslim Traditions: Studies in Legal, Exegetical and Maghazi Hadith (2009) [with Nicolet Boekhoff-van der Voort and Sean W. Anthony)
- Hadith: Origins and Developments (2004) ISBN 0-86078-704-4
- The Origins of Islamic Jurisprudence (2002) [with Marion H. Katz] ISBN 90-04-12131-5
- The Biography of Muhammad: The Issue of the Sources (2000), Brill Academic Pub.
- The Transmission and Dynamics of the Textual Sources of Islam: Essays in Honor of Harald Motzki, Brill Academic Pub.
|This article about an Islamic scholar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|