|Born||27 July 1958|
Wedemark, West Germany
|Alma mater||University of Hannover|
|Institutions||University of Flensburg|
Harald Welzer (born 27 July 1958, Wedemark) is a German social psychologist. He studied sociology, psychology and literature at the University of Hannover. He has been a professor of transformation design at the University of Flensburg since 2012. His research is focused on memory, violence and the social impacts of climate change. His books have been translated into 15 languages.
Welzer was one of the first signers of the Open Letter to the German Position on Russo-Ukraining War in April 2022, who demanded not to support Ukraine with heavy arms in order to "prevent a third world war".
Books in English
- 2012 Climate Wars: What People Will Be Killed For in the 21st Century, Polity Press
- 2012 Soldaten: On Fighting, Killing and Dying. The Secret World War II Transcripts of German POWs (with Sönke Neitzel)
- ^ José Andrés Rojo: "Interview with Harald Welzer" in Barcelona Metropolis, July–September 2011
- ^ "Climate Wars: What People Will Be Killed For in the 21st Century -- a Luncheon Reading and Conversation with Author Harald Welzer", Brandeis University
- ^ "Climate Wars: What People Will Be Killed For in the 21st Century", Boston University, 20 December 2013
- ^ NDR. "Offener Brief an Kanzler Scholz: "Empathielos und herablassend"". www.ndr.de (in German). Retrieved 3 May 2022.