|Annual production volume||Up to 250,000 hectolitres (210,000 US bbl)|
|Owned by||Heineken International|
Harar Brewery produces Harar Beer, a 4.25% abv pale lager, as well as Hakim Stout, a 5.8% abv stout. The brewery also makes Harar Sofi, a non-alcoholic beverage that it markets toward the Muslim population.
Harar Brewery uses water from the Genela spring, which is situated on its premises. It supplements this with water that it pumps from Finkile, located 33 km from the site.
The brewery is capable of producing 250,000 hectolitres per year.
- U.S. Embassy article identifies Harar Beer as a pilsner.
- "Harar". RateBeer. RateBeer LLC. Retrieved 2007-07-31.
- "Hakim Stout". RateBeer. RateBeer LLC. Retrieved 2007-07-31.
- "Ethiopia Beer Market Overview: Beer Brewing Is Big Business In Ethiopia". United States Embassy in Ethiopia. 1998-10-21. Archived from the original on 2005-06-01. Retrieved 2007-07-31.
- "The Beverages Sector". Ethiopian Privatization Agency. 2002-07-15. Archived from the original on 2008-02-08. Retrieved 2007-05-31.
- Drinks, Just (2010). "Harar Brewery". Basic Reference. Scotland, UK: Just-Drinks. 28: 217–229. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|