Harbert Management Corporation
Birmingham, Alabama USA
|Raymond J. Harbert (Chairman, CEO),|
Charlie D. Miller (Executive Vice President),
Sonja J. Keeton (CFO),
John W. McCullough (General Counsel)
|Products||Venture Capital, Real estate, Mezzanine, Infrastructure, Hedge funds|
|Total assets||$6.7 billion USD (July 2019)|
Number of employees
The company has investment funds in eight alternative asset classes in three areas of concentration: real assets, private capital, and absolute return strategies. The company was previously the majority owner of Harbinger Capital. HMC provided the original funding for Harbinger and its funds. The company also owns Harbert Realty Services.
In 1998, the company established the HERO Foundation which provides direct financial assistance to help people who have been affected by natural disasters, medical conditions or temporary financial hardships to regain their independence and self-sufficiency.
- Harbert Corporation, an international construction, energy, and investment company founded by John M. Harbert and Bill L. Harbert and the predecessor company to Harbert Management Corporation
- B.L. Harbert International, founded by Bill L. Harbert from Harbert Corporation's former international construction division
- Harbinger Capital, hedge fund formerly owned by Harbert
- Helyar, John. "Harbert Outperforming Falcone With 11% Return Suffers Asset Drop". Bloomberg Business. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- Tomberlin, Michael. "Birmingham's Harbert Management's latest real estate investment fund exceeds $400 million". AL.com. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "Harbert Management's HERO Foundation to help storm victims with $500,000 in assistance". The Birmingham News. Retrieved 7 April 2015.