Harbin Aircraft Industry Group
|Headquarters||Harbin, Heilongjiang, China|
|Products||Military aircraft, Helicopters, Utility aircraft|
Number of employees
|Parent||Aviation Industry Corporation of China|
|Harbin Aircraft Industry (Group) Co., Ltd.|
Harbin Aircraft Industry (Group) Co., Ltd. (HAIG), often shortened to Hafei (simplified Chinese: 哈飞; traditional Chinese: 哈飛; pinyin: Hāfēi), is an aircraft manufacturing company headquartered in Pingfang District, Harbin, Heilongjiang province, China. It was previously called Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation (HAMC) in English.
The company was founded in 1952 to manufacturer planes for domestic sales, but today it supplies various components for foreign aerospace companies. It is a subsidiary of the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC).
A subsidiary of Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation — Hafei Motor, is one of the major automobile manufactures in China.
The 1st factory opened in 1952 to repair aircraft. In 1958, it began producing licensed copies of Soviet aircraft. It produced the Z-5, the Mil Mi-4 helicopter, and the H-5 light bomber — a copy of the Ilyushin Il-28.
It then produced the Harbin Y-11 a light twin-engined utility aircraft — an aircraft of its own design and not a licensed copy. The Harbin Y-12 which followed, while similar to the Y-11, was a largely new aircraft.
- Hafei Aviation, a manufacturer of light airplanes, helicopters and aerospace parts.
- Hafei Motors, a producer of automobile engines; sedans; MPVs; and mini vehicles, small trucks and vans that see commercial use. Subsidiaries include the auto-making Hafei Motor Co Ltd and the engine maker Harbin Dongan Auto Engine Co.
- Harbin Z-5 - Chinese variant of the Mil Mi-4 transport helicopter
- Harbin/CHDRI Z-6 - turboshaft re-design of the Z-5
- Harbin Z-9 - medium-weight multipurpose twin-engine helicopter - Chinese variant of the Eurocopter Dauphin
- Harbin Z-9W/G - attack helicopter
- Harbin Z-19 - reconnaissance and attack helicopter
- Harbin Z-20 - a new 10-ton utility helicopter for the PLA Air Force
- Harbin Z-15/EC175 - medium utility helicopter, joint-developed with Eurocopter
- HC-120/EC120 - joint-developed with Eurocopter and Singapore Technologies Aerospace, Ltd.
- Harbin H-5 - Chinese variant of the Ilyushin Il-28 bomber
- Harbin SH-5 - amphibious bomber
- HongDian-5 - ECM version of Harbin H-5, being replaced
- Harbin PS-5 - Patrol Anti-submarine seaplane version of Harbin SH-5
- Harbin Y-11 - high wing twin-engine piston utility aircraft
Unmanned Aerial vehicles
- 公司概况. Official Website of HAIG (in Chinese). Retrieved 26 December 2014.
- Gao, Qun; Li, Peng. 哈飞董事长郭殿满：身正不令则行. 中国航空新闻网 (in Chinese). Retrieved 26 December 2014.
- "Home" (English). Harbin Aircraft Industry Group. Retrieved on August 8, 2014. "ADDRESS: NO,15, YOUXIE STREET, PINGFANG DISTRICT, HARBIN." - Chinese address: "地 址：哈尔滨市平房区友协大街15号"
- Aviation Week & Space Technology: 60. 23 October 2013. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Harbin Aircraft Manufacturing Corporation.|