|Role||HALE (high altitude long endurance) UAV|
|Manufacturer||Harbin Aircraft Industry (Group) Co., Ltd.|
|Designer||Beijing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics|
The BZK-005 high-altitude, long-range UAV is a reconnaissance aircraft designed by Beijing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics and Harbin Aircraft Industry (Group) Co., Ltd. It is used by the Chinese Navy.
At Zhuhai International Airshow 2006, video and models were demonstrated to the public regarding this UAV. BZK-005 has a few stealth features integrated into its design. It is believed that a satellite data link antenna is held in its large upper body dome. Under the body there are optic-electric sensor systems. It is expected that BZK-005 has cruising speed of around 170 km/h, service ceiling 8,000 m, max takeoff weight is around 1,200 kg, max payload over 150 kg.
- Endurance (hr): > 40
- Cruise speed (km/hr): 150 – 180
- Ceiling (km): 8
- Normal operational altitude (km): 5 – 7
- Max takeoff weight (t): 1.25
- Payload (kg): 150
- Launch and recovery: taxiing
- Takeoff distance (m): 600
- Landing distance (m): 500
- Wong, Edward. (2013, September 21). "Hacking U.S. Secrets, China Pushes for Drones," The New York Times, p.A1 ff.
- "BZK-005 UAV, AirForceWorld.com". AirForceWorld.com. Retrieved 25 Aug 2011.
- "BZK-05 specification". Retrieved Oct 12, 2009.
|This article on an unmanned aerial vehicle is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on an aircraft of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|