|Owner||Harbin Municipal People's Government|
|Transit type||rapid transit|
|Number of lines||2|
|Number of stations||22|
|Began operation||26 September 2013|
|System length||22.92 km (14 mi)|
|Track gauge||1435 mm|
Harbin Metro is the metro system of Harbin, the provincial capital of Heilongjiang Province in northeastern China. The system began operation on 26 September 2013 with the opening of Line 1, which is 17.47 km (11 mi) in length and has 17 stations in service. The system is undergoing expansion and is expected to have a total of three lines and 89.58 km (56 mi) of track in service by 2018.
Hours and fares
In the winter time, the metro begins operation at 6:00 am and the last train departs at 9:00 pm. Fares range from ¥2 to ¥4 depending on trip distance. Single-ride and rechargeable fare cards may be purchased at ticket windows or automatic fare card machines in each station.
Line in operation
The Harbin Metro was approved by the State Council in 2005. The initial investment was estimated to cost USD 643 million. The project was headed by the Harbin Municipal People's Government Metro Construction, which established a Track Traffic Construction Office led by the city's construction commission. In 2006, an official "Initiation Ceremony of Harbin Metro Trial Project" was held, signifying the actual implementation of Harbin Line 1 project. The builders made use of a 10.1 km air defense tunnel built in the 1970s as part of the “7381” civil air-defense, which forms part of Line 1.
Construction on Line 1 began a second time on 29 September 2009 and was later halted and began a third time in March 2010. In March 2011 the contract for traincars for first line was signed with Changchun Railway Vehicles co. ltd. Target date for opening of first line of 17.47 km length with 18 stations was set to the end of 2012. The line 1 actually opened on 26 September 2013. On 26 January 2017, Phase I of Line 3 opened for operation.
After Line 1 (Red), two more lines will open: Line 2 (Violet) from east to northwest with 17 stations and Circle Line 3 (Orange) with 32 stations. By 2020, as many as five lines with total length of 143 km could be completed.
|2019||Phase 3||Under construction||8.54 km||5||Hananzhan-Xinjiangdajie|
|2020||Phase 1||28.7 km||19||Songbei University Town-Qixiangtai|
|Phase 2 Southeast||2.9+15.2 km||4+14||Chengxianglu-Sport Park/Yidaeryuan-Taipinqiao|
|2022||Phase 2 Northwest||13.7 km||11||Taipinqiao-Sport Park|
|After 2025||Phase 4||Under planning||2.6 km||2||Hadongzhan-Dongbeihuagongchang|
|Phase 2||9.8+4.3 km||8+3||Songbei University Town-Dalianlu/Qixiangtai-Xinfuzhen|
|Phase 1||32.2 km||27||Qiansha-Keyanjie|
|Phase 1||36.1 km||25||Dongsanhuan-Nanjinglu|
- "Metro line operational in China's Harbin" 2013-09-26
- (Chinese) 哈尔滨地铁26日开通 10时30分开始售票三种方式购票 2013-09-26
- 刘博. "哈尔滨地铁3号线一期工程通车试运营 迎来"换乘"时代-东北网黑龙江(东北网)-东北网". heilongjiang.dbw.cn. Retrieved 2017-06-15.
- "The First Phase of Harbin Metro Construction Starts". Harbin 2009. 5 December 2006. Archived from the original on 19 July 2011.
- A video showing the construction of the metro can be found here
- (Chinese) 哈尔滨地铁1号线载客试运营正式开通 2013-09-26
- "Harbin speeds up to enter metro times". Northeast News. Heilongjiang, China: DBW.CN. 3 March 2010.
- "中国北车造国内首款高寒地铁" [North made the first alpine subway car]. 昆明轨道交通有限公司 [Kunming Rail Transport]. 14 April 2011.
- "哈尔滨地铁3号线一期工程通车试运营 迎来"换乘"时代". Northeast News. Heilongjiang, China: DBW.CN. 26 January 2017.